Talk

Advanced search

hotels alicante for solo traveller recommendations please

(6 Posts)
poppym12 Sun 23-Apr-17 11:37:02

I've booked a flight to alicante and would like some hotel recommendations please.
I'd prefer:
Near the beach
Sea facing balcony or terrace
at least half board - preferably with a buffet style restaurant (much easier when vegan)
South of alicante airport preferred

It's an area I've never visited before so would appreciate honest opinions of where abouts to stay. I do have an offer of a bed at an acquaintance's apartment near torrevieja but it's in a very quiet spot, not close to a beach and I don't want to hire a car or have to rely on buses. Plus, I'd hate for them to have offered because they feel obligated.

LizzieMacQueen Sun 23-Apr-17 13:03:42

Hotel melia is very nice. Right by the beach and harbour. About 10/15 minutes by taxi from airport or around 25 mins on the bus. Stop is very near the door.

The buffet breakfast is one of the best I've had.

poppym12 Sun 23-Apr-17 15:02:02

I've been looking at that one lizzie. It seems expensive but if it's good and has everything I'm after, I can justify the cost grin

LizzieMacQueen Sun 23-Apr-17 16:12:23

I found the best price to be on their own website rather than hotels.com etc. There's a hotel next door to it. Looks perfectly reasonable but cheaper. Same excellent location but I've not stayed there.

Last year at Melia I had a marina view which was okay but not as nice as the sea/beach side.

poppym12 Sun 23-Apr-17 17:55:52

I usually book direct with hotels for the best deal. Can you recall the name of the one next door?
I'm thinking that I may book another break in august so it would be wise to book a slightly cheaper hotel for this break.

poppym12 Sun 23-Apr-17 18:07:38

I just found one pretty close to the melia called sercotel spa porta maris? Looks like they offer room only or b & b which isn't ideal for this trip. Also, I can't seem to book a definite sea view room at the melia which I really do want so maybe I'll look further down the coast.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now