Talk

Advanced search

Flying to Alicante - where to stay?

(10 Posts)
Hulababy Fri 21-Apr-17 17:05:00

We have flights booked for a week's break for October half term.

We know that the weather will be warmish, (highs of 25, ave 20) but with a chance of rain in the afternoons perhaps.

We are two families - me, dh and 15y DD plus our friends and their two girls, who will be 15 and 12.

We will want a nice villa type accommodation, heated pool and/or hot tub, plenty of room indoors esp if weather is sometimes rainy, possibly games room, etc.

Ideally we'd like places to eat/have a drink within walking distance - even if it is just one or two places. However, we know to get a nice place we are unlikely to be walking distance to the coastal resorts. We will have cars and we are happy to use local taxis for a night out, etc. But don't want to be too far out - taxi cost doesn't want to be huge after all - so within 4/5km at most.

I don't know the region at all however. Can anyone suggest some areas to look at before I head to home away and holidaylettings websites?

Thank you

OnyK Fri 21-Apr-17 17:16:50

I like the look of Guardamar del Segura, although I haven't been there. I keep looking for cheap flights to Alicante so we can go there, but always find cheaper ones to Malaga!

Hulababy Fri 21-Apr-17 17:18:59

The flights to Alicante in October were cheaper than Malaga - but I suspect it is due to the time of year.

I will have a look at Guardamar del Segura, thanks.

Katz Fri 21-Apr-17 18:25:48

think of our half term is different to the majority of the country too

Chewbecca Sat 22-Apr-17 16:15:04

Could check out the villas around Moraira / El Portet or Javea, you might find somewhere within walking distance of the town. I'd avoid the villas up on Cumbre Del Sol - nice villas but a loooong drive up and down the mountain every day.

Kaz2200 Sat 22-Apr-17 19:01:21

We like an area called El Campello, Half an hour from Alicante, fabulous tram line from Alicante to Denia so you can hop on and visit loads of places, a Spanish town but a beautiful promenade, it won't be massively busy, but there will still be plenty open, 12th-15th is the Moor and Christians festival, it is fabulous, battle reanactments on the beaches I can't recommend it highly enough.

Katz Sat 22-Apr-17 19:12:01

thanks - will look into those areas

Hulababy Sun 23-Apr-17 15:19:09

I have had a look at villas in some of these areas and asked for more details.
Obviously it is out of season, so need to be fairly close to bigger resorts/places I guess to ensure places all be open to eat and drink.

Chewbecca Sun 23-Apr-17 17:23:15

A lot of retired brits live in the Costa Blanca area so generally the restaurants are open year round. They're too busy in August (when all the GC visit?), but quite pleasant at other times.

Hulababy Mon 24-Apr-17 17:33:57

Fab; thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now