Talk

Advanced search

Advice on Winter Sun

(6 Posts)
BaconAndAvocado Fri 21-Apr-17 15:05:28

We're planning on going away for a week after Christmas for DS1's 21st.

Don't want a hugely long flight but would definitely like he guarantee of sunny hot weather!

BaconAndAvocado Fri 21-Apr-17 15:05:44

the guarantee

Hersetta427 Fri 21-Apr-17 16:51:51

Hurghada in Egypt, Cape verde, Dubai?

Nothing else nearby is guaranteed for hot weather.

Birdsgottaf1y Fri 21-Apr-17 18:53:21

How hot? I'm going to Gran Canaria, but that is only what some people would consider warm.

If the people that i was travelling with, would go to Morocco, I'd be going there, but they want 'proper' cocktails.

Put your chosen destinations in the Trip Advisor Forum and go from there.

saracrewe2 Tue 25-Apr-17 21:04:24

Recently in winter did Morrocco and Spain. Weather great in both. On average both were approx 16-18 degrees during the day. A fleece/jacket required for evening though.

BarbaraofSeville Thu 27-Apr-17 09:34:00

Winter in the Canaries can be hot, but you could be unlucky. We've been to Tenerife in early January and it was upper 20s and sunny all week and we've also been to Lanzarote in mid December and the same except one rainy day.

You can maximise your chance of good weather by staying on the south side of the islands and there's loads of stuff to do if it's not quite beach weather. Canaries is great in early January because if you're there on the evening of the 5th, there's the Three Kings Parades to look forward to.

But if you just want a hot relaxing AI holiday, Egypt or Cape Verde is probably better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now