Talk

Advanced search

Recommended eurocamp sites

(28 Posts)
Nowfindingdory Fri 21-Apr-17 06:11:09

We are looking to take 3 children who are 2,6 and 15 to eurocamp this summer. Never been before but it looks good and want to try it out. We originally booked duinrell in Holland but realised they have no kids entertainment which worried me. Im really looking for recommendations in either france or spain. A nearby beach would be nice or a town we could visit for a day excursion outside the resort would be lovely but more important to me is great site with lots to do as well as good weather.

The few i have in mind are

Dormaine des omes - Brittany
Castell montgri - Costa brava
Le soleil - roussilon
Pointe st gilles - Brittany

If anyone has any reviews or recommendations on others that would be great.

dreamingofsun Fri 21-Apr-17 10:27:11

look on ukcampsites.co.uk and you can see reviews for loads of sites

GlitterGlue Fri 21-Apr-17 10:45:05

Duinrell does have kids entertainment in season. Although not a kids club.

GlitterGlue Fri 21-Apr-17 12:09:17

Here. www.duinrell.com/holidaypark/duingalows/entertainment

Although they haven't got the summer programme up yet. To be fair, there is quite a lot to do and by the time they've had a swim, been to the theme park, walked to the town for ice cream and played on the playgrounds there isn't much of the day left.

NecklessMumster Fri 21-Apr-17 12:11:01

I've been to both the Brittany ones, they were both good

rosy71 Fri 21-Apr-17 12:16:48

Duinrell has loads going on for kids! That would be the first place I'd recommend! Other than that, we've been to Dormaine des Ormes, which had lots to do & would suit all ages.

GreenGinger2 Fri 21-Apr-17 18:19:11

Chateau des ormes is a lovely site but not a lot to do outside of it.

AalyaSecura Fri 21-Apr-17 18:34:03

Duinrell is fab, loads for kids to do, but no way would I go with Eurocamp, the site's own duingalows are nicer, bigger and cheaper. My favourite eurocamp site for younger children is Bel in the Vendee - and good for older dc as well, as town and big beach is within easy walking distance.

Nowfindingdory Fri 21-Apr-17 18:35:57

So do you recken i should stick to duinrell. Is it better than domaine des ormes. I was a little worried as i heard duinrell was more for older children like teenagers

MrsDoylesTeabags Fri 21-Apr-17 18:42:34

We've been to Pointe St Gilles about 4 times and really enjoyed it. Its a really nice family friendly park with lots to do, a beach right out front and a lovely walk along the seafront into the main resort and if you get good weather it's not far from perfect. Not been to the other plaaces but always fancied Duinrell.

Palomb Fri 21-Apr-17 18:44:56

Le soleil is lovely but completely ruined by the Luna park which is next door. Noise until 2am every night.

La palombiere bear Sarlat is lovely

Palomb Fri 21-Apr-17 18:45:22

near Sarlat even

MummysMaison Fri 21-Apr-17 18:48:56

We are headed to Le Paradis near Sarlat on Sunday. The reviews are fab and I've heard lots of good comments. There are many others in the Dordogne and some over towards the Ile de Re that we intend on visiting for long weekends this year!

Palomb Fri 21-Apr-17 18:53:48

The region is wonderful. Make sure you go to rocamadour! We're going to la palombiere for the 4th time in August grin

We went to il de re a couple of years ago in may and it was great and the beaches were spectacular but there wasn't a lot else to do other that beachy stuff or bike rides which would be great in high summer but it was a bit too early in the season for us. I'd definitely go back later in the year but It's supposed to be absolutely heaving in high season.

GlitterGlue Fri 21-Apr-17 19:04:19

Duinrell is opening a new part of the water park for younger ones later this year. There are quite a few rides suitable for little ones as well. Have you looked at the map?

When we went I'd say there were more younger ones/pre teens than teens there, with the exceptions of some schools on day trips.

Can do quite a few day trips as well. Amsterdam isn't far and the NEMO museum is excellent. Leiden and The Hague are also good for a wander. Beach isn't far either.

I'd go back tomorrow given the chance. Maybe read some reviews then make a decision?

MummysMaison Fri 21-Apr-17 19:13:20

La Palombiere is another we were looking at. We live about 2 hours away so intend on visiting them all grin

Palomb Fri 21-Apr-17 21:57:57

Oooh lucky you! I'd be canoeing down that river every weekend in the summer if I lived that close.

mirmc Sat 22-Apr-17 17:15:50

Castell Montgri would be top of my list! Apart from Le Soleil, none of the others would have guaranteed weather. Nothing more depressing than the rain banging down on the roof of a mobile home! Estartit is a pretty little town within walking distance of the campsite, with lovely restaurants, a safe sandy beach and loads of activities- snorkelling, boat trips, boat hire, inflatables etc. There are lovely playgrounds alomg the beach for the younger ones and watersports for the older one. The campsite has loads going on for all ages, waterslides, kids club, entertainment, open air cinema etc. The only thing I didn't like was the food onsite, (mostly fast food) but there are lovely restaurants in Estartit and loads of beautiful towns to explore on this gorgeous strech of coast.

wiltingfast Sat 22-Apr-17 17:33:52

Pointe st Gilles is lovely! benodet lovely relaxed place. Location beside beach and nice walk to village excellent. Pool area great tho can be v busy if your kids are small.

wannabestressfree Sat 22-Apr-17 17:50:48

Keeping an eye smile

No1HolidayPlanner Sat 22-Apr-17 19:15:32

Duinrell is fab.. loads to do onsite and in surrounding areasmile

JollyBobs Sat 22-Apr-17 20:38:14

Playa Bara in Spain. The entertainment is fab, lots to do
For the kids, beach a 1 min walk. Much better than des ommes (have worked at both). Argeles is also brilliant x

MiniCooperLover Sun 23-Apr-17 11:29:13

Duinrell is great. Or Croix De Vieux Point in France is good (about an hour away from Paris).

myheadsamess Sun 23-Apr-17 11:48:16

Ooh mini - we're going there in July. Me and 3 teenage dc's, good choice yes?

MiniCooperLover Sun 23-Apr-17 13:27:17

Yes we loved it. Going back at end of July for a week too with friends.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now