Talk

Advanced search

Suggestions for good holiday website? Cheap? Canaries are a fortune this Oct :-(

(9 Posts)
bramblina Wed 19-Apr-17 22:32:28

We really want some heat this October so was hoping for the Canaries but the flights are more than we paid for Spain mid July last year sad we have 3 dcs- from 4 to 12 so ideally we would like a free child place or a cheap flight but I just cannot find anything relatively affordable.

TIA

witchofzog Wed 19-Apr-17 23:54:16

Love Holidays seems to be good. You can search by budget, trip advisor ratings, facilities and type of hotel as well as by destination. You can also select multiple airports and destinations. I have just booked my holiday through them toosmile

bramblina Thu 20-Apr-17 01:01:35

Ahh, thanks so much, I've never heard of them!

witchofzog Thu 20-Apr-17 09:12:44

I hadn't because I used to use a lovely travel agent for all my holidays from another company. But this year she had left and I was gutted because her replacement was awful. The powers of mumsnet recommended Love Holidays to me and so far so good (though I have not been on the actual holiday yet lol). My flight is with Jet 2 and the hotel looks fab though.

Let me know how you get on smile

mummymeister Thu 20-Apr-17 10:06:01

how about Cyprus or Sardinia. they will also be warm in October half term and you might find more of a bargain there. what is your budget like for the 5 of you for a week?

BarbaraofSeville Thu 20-Apr-17 10:24:26

Look at jet2holidays - they have free child places. You can search for these on the website, or if you aren't massively set on where you want to go, look in the late deals section, even though you aren't looking for a late deal obviousl, as you can enter dates, ages etc and sort by price to see what it comes up with.

No1HolidayPlanner Thu 20-Apr-17 16:43:05

I find half terms more expensive than main summer hols.grin.. wouldn't think u will get a free child place now..cheapest option may be a city break.. Still won't be cheap though.. Barcelona? Nice? .. Lisbon? smile

No1HolidayPlanner Thu 20-Apr-17 16:45:02

We go to Lanzarote in May half term but take kids out of school Fri before or Mon aft to get cheaper flightssmile

val4 Thu 20-Apr-17 19:09:22

We are family....2 + 4 kids so always run into this problem. I use Booking.com, Expedia or Alpha rooms because you can refine your search with adults and number children, so only shows hotels/ apartment suitable for your family. I then book flights separately. Kids are age 10-17 so have bring doing this for years! You can also refine your search to include childcare, restaurant, swimming pool etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now