Talk

Advanced search

Recommedations for 4-5* stunning portugal hotels or villa etc

(9 Posts)
summerdaysarehere Wed 19-Apr-17 21:07:13

Looking to go to Portugal but finding it really difficult to find nice hotel. Looking at 4-5* and can be b&b right up to all inclusive. Reviews I have seen seem to be decidedly ropey so wonder if such a thing exists.

Failing that can anyone recommend nice villa etc they all seem to look very basic?

Going with 2 teenagers so don't need kids clubs but somewhere with a bit of life might be nice. Thanks.

cathyandclare Wed 19-Apr-17 21:11:59

Vale do Lobo is good for teenagers and some of the villas are anything but basic!

thekingfisher Wed 19-Apr-17 21:18:35

Eagles palace has just been refurbed and my friend is going this summer

Vila vita parc very good but £££

What about the new martinhal ? The original one I've always discounted as I understand it's quite windy and I hate the wind - but friends have been and rate highly

IvorHughJarrs Wed 19-Apr-17 21:20:29

There's quite a lot of hotels in or near Vilamoura which has the Marina for shops, cafes, bars, etc.
There is also The Old Village area about 15 minutes walk outside the town where there are lots of apartments and villas with communal pool and social areas. Four Seasons and The Hilton are both near there and combine time share apartments/holiday club accommodation with the hotel so you may get other families with teenagers around those areas. Don't know if they are luxurious enough for you though

Val de Lobo has lots of sporting facilities and stuff for families too so might be worth a look

summerdaysarehere Wed 19-Apr-17 21:39:01

ok how would I go about booking a villa if we go that route please - are there particular companies that deal?

Will check the hotels out as not heard of any of them. Thanks.

ceeveebee Wed 19-Apr-17 21:42:58

Pine cliffs resort algarve
Meemo Baleeira (sagres)
Martinhal in Sagres or Cascais
Sheraton in Cascais

cathyandclare Thu 20-Apr-17 07:51:25

We've used this company for villas
Pine cliffs is great for younger teens, not as good as they get older.

mummymeister Thu 20-Apr-17 10:07:37

you can look on ownersdirect, vrbo and airbnb for villas that you book yourselves.

magentastardust Fri 21-Apr-17 21:27:06

We have always used holidaylettings homeaway or ownersdirect or James Villas however things book up quite early so a lot of the nicer ones will be gone by now for this summer. We have never struggled for luxury or contemporary villas in Portugal -especially in some of the newer golf resorts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now