Talk

Advanced search

Short haul holiday - quiet, near beach, not overly touristy

(5 Posts)
EdgeofInsane Mon 17-Apr-17 11:53:47

Just looking for recommendations as the one I got last year was spot on (just west of Bargau in Portugal). I think I posted in Chat as I can't find the thread now though to see what else people suggested.

We going end June / early July with two children (not school age yet). They would like a beach and swimming pool.

Me and DH would like to be relatively remote (ideally we will find a self catering apartment and stock up with food on arrival so local restaurants / bars aren't that important although would like places within an hours drive for day trips out). Nice scenery and a quiet beach are top of our wish list.

I've said short haul due to the age of the children but we would consider longer. We'll rent a car so rural is fine.

OnyK Mon 17-Apr-17 12:05:21

Have a look at Chrani in the Peloponnese or Vasilikos in Zakynthos.
We had lovely holidays there, both very quiet with just a few tavernas, but within easy reach of places to visit.

Hersetta427 Tue 18-Apr-17 12:51:59

Los Alcathares or los narejos very near Murcia airport in spain.

mummymeister Tue 18-Apr-17 13:11:40

both Cyprus and crete, particularly the east of crete have lots of places like this.

drwitch Tue 18-Apr-17 13:17:20

sardinia in the south (chia/tueradda ) is beautiful and won't be too busy/hot in june

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now