Talk

Advanced search

Puerto Pollensa

(9 Posts)
MrsParmaViolet Sun 16-Apr-17 10:39:11

Would like some recommendations for accommodation in Puerto Pollensa for 2 adults and 2 young children. Would ideally like a pool and be close to beach, not too far to walk into the main bit.

TIA

ClaudiaNaughton Sun 16-Apr-17 10:42:40

Flora apartments? We stayed there twice with young children but was a long time ago. Very convenient position towards Pine Walk.

MrsParmaViolet Sun 16-Apr-17 11:13:00

Thanks, will have a look.

AliceMum09 Mon 17-Apr-17 21:16:26

We're going to the Puerto Azul Suite Hotel (right opposite the Flora) for the third time next month. Only slight downside is that it's half board, which means you're spending twice if you fancy trying one of the many great restaurants in the town for your evening meal, but on the other hand the food at the Puerto Azul is ok and it's nice that it's a buffet so you don't have to wait for your food.

The location is ideal. You could also look at the Villa Concha, which is slightly further out (but not out of town at all) and I think that has more dining options (they may do self-catering). You may also come across the Playa Mar, but it's about a mile from the town centre.

MrsParmaViolet Mon 17-Apr-17 22:30:28

Thank you so much, really helps to have some ideas as I've never even been on the island but have heard how wonderful it is. DCs have never been abroad so want to make their first trip special.

AliceMum09 Mon 17-Apr-17 22:57:30

Well you've certainly picked the best place in Majorca to take your children!

There are two bits of beach in Puerto Pollensa, the Puerto Azul and Flora are just a couple of minutes from the 'Pine Walk' beach which is quite 'narrow' (not much distance from the start of the sand to the sea) and is backed by a pedestrian walkway. You can't really lose sight of your children. On the other side of the small harbour area is a bigger beach, that has a cafe and toilets, this is backed by a road (recently narrowed and made one way) but is a lot 'deeper' so you're not sitting anywhere near the road. The Villa Concha is by that area of beach.

Whichever bit of the beach you go to the water is so calm it's like being by a lake! It's perfect for kids to splash about in.

cazzyg Sun 23-Apr-17 20:45:24

Flora and Puerto Azul are both great for families. They are next to each other so not much in it location wise.

Puerto Azul is half board only whereas Flora is standard apartments. The pool area and entertainment options are better in the Puerto Azul.

We've been to both with DD she prefers the Puerto Azul mainly because of the entertainment team.

purdyscot Tue 25-Apr-17 07:36:52

We stayed at Villa Concha last October half-term with 2 DSs and it was perfect. The apartments have been recently refurbished and were spotless. There was no kids entertainment at that time of year but there's a kids' splash pool with slides which our boys (aged 5 and 2) loved, a small play area and a bouncy castle. There's a great training pool for the grown ups and also a nice looking spa area which we didn't use. We stayed half-board and enjoyed the food although it did get a bit repetitive. Apartments also have full self-cateting facilities and there's a supermarket not far away for supplies. Location is close to a nice wide section of the beach, play park and a small nature reserve. Easy walk into town and bus stop nearby for trips further afield. Highly recommended. I expect we'll be back this year if the boys' nagging pays off smile

AliceMum09 Tue 25-Apr-17 22:01:52

I stayed at the Villa Concha in 1993 when I was 16, along with mum & dad and my sister (13) and brother (9). It was lovely back then, but unfortunately these days they won't allow 3 children in a one-bedroom apartment there 🙁 despite the fact that mine are 11, 8 and a very tiny 5 year old and wouldn't need as much space as two teenagers and a 9 year old!

That's why we go to the Puerto Azul (will be there 4 weeks on Thursday smile), they are more than happy to add an extra bed into the bedroom for our third child.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now