Talk

Advanced search

Prices on TripAdvisor?

(6 Posts)
cantkeepawayforever Sat 15-Apr-17 16:20:29

Looking for a holiday rental on TripAdvisor, i am constantly finding that when I click through from the property listing to the actual property, the price goes up HUGELY for no apparent reason.

Should this be happening? Is it a glitch on the site? There seems to be no-one to contact on the website to ask why it might be happening, and it is a real pain to have to click through every property rather than being able to rely on the 'Price Low to High' feature.

Can anyone recommend a better website for renting an apartment for a city break, which doesn't suffer this irritation?

Ashers40 Sat 15-Apr-17 23:15:11

AirBNB? Owners Direct, HomeAway? It's probably because it lists the minimum price for the property but in fact the price for high season is higher which only becomes clear when you put your dates in?

Pinkypierainbowdash Sun 16-Apr-17 09:44:42

As above mentioned .its because the price you can see is for certain dates.Normaly early in the season or later .Also i find going direct to the owners cheaper

TheFuckitBuckit Mon 17-Apr-17 12:40:11

We booked our villa through trip advisor this year but put the dates in first so the search returns were the actual price you paid. We contacted the owner beforehand just to double check. (As we always do)

Trip adviser booking is also part of owners direct site but sometmes they will give you the low season price first and not the price you have to pay.

cantkeepawayforever Mon 17-Apr-17 12:50:50

The thing is, put the dates in first, and in the past that has meant that the actual prices were what was returned ... but not this time, which is what puzzled me. The price often doubled on clicking through....

TheFuckitBuckit Mon 17-Apr-17 13:21:40

Ah something doesn't sound right then, we booked ours in February to go in May and it was giving the actual price. It's a pain when when the info Isn't accurate makes searching ten times longer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now