Talk

Advanced search

Cheap short-haul September holiday

(6 Posts)
Writemove Thu 13-Apr-17 12:25:28

Hi, I'm looking for my first holiday abroad in years and need advice as I'm overwhelmed. My husband and I want to go somewhere September time when we'll have a nearly four year old and six month old.
We'd like our money to go as far as possible as I'm on maternity leave.
I like sandy beaches and relaxing (as much as possible with two preschoolers!) DH likes to do things. Warm weather, a short flight and somewhere fun would be great.
Years ago, pre children, we went to gran Canaria, and Malta. Do you have any suggestions of great destinations and recommendations of affordable holiday companies please?

Rizzledizzle Thu 13-Apr-17 22:48:11

We have just come back from Tenerife and absolutely loved it there. We stayed in Costa Adeje which is 15 mins walk from Playa dad las Americas which wasn't as bad as we expected! We loved walking on the promenade which was very well kept and very clean and plenty to see.
The flight is 4 hours and there is no time difference which is good for the little ones. We weren't in the slightest bit harassed and everything was cheap and easy. As I say we went out there not quite knowing what to expect and were very pleasantly surprised. If your DH wants to do things there is plenty to do on the island including hiking up to the volcano or walking to various picturesque fishing villages.
Saw many people there with young children and babies. Great climate year-round.

BellyDancer124 Tue 18-Apr-17 08:46:11

Have a look on Jet2 Holidays. I always book my packages with them as they have 22kg allowance, transfers are good and generally very resonable. Lanzarote would be my fav! I've been going there since I was a child and I love it! grin

NewBallsPlease00 Tue 18-Apr-17 08:47:47

Holiday village part of first choice great for littlies- sept a couple if years ago got deluxe all inclusive in Rhodes for 1400, full price was 3200,

NewBallsPlease00 Tue 18-Apr-17 08:48:07

Should say that was family of 4

Writemove Wed 19-Apr-17 08:15:56

Thank you, that's so helpful. Will start finding a good deal now. I'm excited!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now