Talk

Advanced search

taxi in Paris without carseat?

(6 Posts)
babypeach Mon 10-Apr-17 21:11:52

Hi

We're off to Paris at Easter for a surprise anniversary trip my husband booked.

We'll have our six year old and 17 month old with us (first holiday abroad with baby). We're travelling by Eurostar and planning on bringing Maclaren buggy as it folds up but that means no car seat.
OH wants to get taxi to st Pancras and also from gare du nord to hotel to save lugging suitcases etc but I am worried about taking toddler without car seat. I realise this is legal here and France but do others do this?? Or should we walk/tube/train it?

Other consideration is that we're travelling Friday and Monday so bank hol either uk/france both days so transport disrupted.

Also if anyone has any kid friendly and/or Easter Paris tips that would be lovelygrin

Thanks in advance!

Janek Tue 11-Apr-17 10:56:32

In the nicest possible way, how many suitcases will you be lugging with you for a three-night-trip?!? We have often caught the Metro/RER when changing trains in Paris, although I will admit there are not many lifts.

My best Maclaren/Eurostar tip is: a folded Maclaren will fit in the overhead luggage racks (so there is no need to balance it precariously in the luggage racks at the end of the carriage). NB this was true for the old trains, cannot confirm for the new ones as we no longer have a pushchair, but I would be surprised if there were less room now.

We also used to put up the pushchair in the bit between the carriages for the baby to sleep in - there are fold-down seats for an adult to sit by them and the motion of the train lulls them off to sleep.

MountainDweller Tue 11-Apr-17 11:21:32

Friday is not a holiday in France.

apotheke Tue 11-Apr-17 11:35:47

What I would do is also take a sling and you get metro with the baby while husband and 6 year old take the taxi with luggage and buggy. I would also take a booster in luggage for the 6 year old.

The way taxis drive in Paris I wouldn't be happy with my DC travelling without seats. Legal or not, it's the safety.

The way people drive in Paris I will never get in a car there again definitely wouldn't take a dc without a car seat.
How much luggage will you really have? The metro is quick, cheap and reliable so I choose that every time. I have one lynda ever once got a taxi in Paris first time and refused point blank to ever get in a car there again 😂

babypeach Tue 11-Apr-17 11:52:42

Thanks everyone smile

Good advice all round think we'll avoid the taxis!!

Have a happy Easter xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now