Talk

Advanced search

Holiday with 4dc, not self catering!

(6 Posts)
TwinsPlusAnotherTwo Mon 10-Apr-17 19:15:51

Hello, we have 4 young kids and our holidays are usually cottages in the U.K. It's nice family time, but not exactly a relaxing break for us. I desperately want to try a holiday that:

Is hot
isn't self catering
Has kids clubs

All the holiday village type things I've seen can only manage 2 adults, 2 kids. Can anyone recommend anything? I'd like something for either this October half term, or next summer. Please help me find a holiday where I can put my feet up!!

Hersetta427 Tue 11-Apr-17 08:43:46

Cyprus holiday village is the only HV that has rooms for 6. It has 2 bed apartments that sleep 6 (a double room, a twin room and 2 beds in the very large lounge). Cyprus holiday village is lovely and I am sure your kids will love it. October weather will still be lovely although pools everywhere in the med are cold at that time of year.

TwinsPlusAnotherTwo Wed 12-Apr-17 15:57:52

Thanks so much, I'll have a look at that.

Any other good options (maybe not HV)? I know some of the big resorts have 3 bed villas, but they are so expensive we'd end up eating in all the time!!

rookiemere Wed 12-Apr-17 22:12:38

How about Tenerife ?
Many complexes there with 3 bed apartments. CLC sunningdale which we are going to next week has 3 bed if you rent privately through owners direct. They have kids club and activities. Don't know what it's like yet but it gets good reviews.

MrsYellowduck Wed 19-Apr-17 12:21:40

Menorca , Mestral and Llebeig Apartments have 3 beds all inclusive with kids club, can only be booked through first choice or thomson. It is in a quiet area however seems to tick all my boxes with 4 young kids!

It was the only one I could find reasonable prices after spending months searching however the 3 beds sell out quickly.

I also want to do eurocamp & centre parcs abroad however not AI.

mummymeister Wed 19-Apr-17 13:38:59

we have a large family too and it takes a bit of time to get your head around the fact that all the holidays that you see advertised are for 2+2 so when you get a quote for a larger family it always seems expensive. divide it by 6 and look at it as a per person cost. would you be better off going for 2 apartments side by side each sleeping 3 (1 bed apartments) and the adults dividing up 1 adult for 2 kids? not ideal but would be cheaper than a 3 bed. what is your budget like for the 6 of you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now