Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Union Lido Advice Please!

(7 Posts)
NoMudNoLotus Sun 09-Apr-17 10:01:53

Hello ... I am thinking of going to Union Lido with our 2 children who will be 12yrs & 10yrs.

The only thing I'm worried about is whether they will have outgrown a lot of the stuff there.

Will it be suitable for their age groups do you think?

I'm so sick of reading Tripadvisor reviews to try and find out, I need the wisdom of Mumsnet to help me ! Many thanks for reading.

NoMudNoLotus Sun 09-Apr-17 11:16:29

Bump

NoMudNoLotus Sun 09-Apr-17 19:55:46

Anybody?

NoMudNoLotus Sun 09-Apr-17 22:27:38

Please ? smile

Photogeek Mon 08-May-17 21:11:25

I think your kids will be fine. The water parks are great and will suit their ages...as will the beach...I would book.

Babelange Mon 08-May-17 21:28:51

Is this on the Lido di Jesolo? If so this is an incredibly well organised and beautiful park. We went last Whitsun (DSs15 and 12). Onsite we spent a few days on the beach or by the pool. We paid extra for the spa pool on a few occasions. We hired bikes outside the park in the garden centre over the road where you can get a discount. The big draw is really going to Venice - we did that one day and then another touring the islands (Morano, Borano, Marcello). There is a travel bureau just inside the park where you can buy bus tickets.

My DSs were not interested in the fairground rides... sadly there's decent wifi throughout the park. There was some nightlife with live music but mostly at Whitsun the park was full of preschoolers from Germany, Holland or France - which reminds me we booked with a Dutch company Gustocamp but you can book direct. The shops are well stocked and restaurants nice but all pricey...

There is a bus stop outside the park and the bus goes to both airports.

namechangedtoday15 Wed 10-May-17 21:54:03

We went last year with 11yr olds. The pools were good, as was the beach (with giant inflatables) & extra activities (eg paddle boarding albeit at an extra cost). The rides / bouncy castle might be a little young but the crazy golf was good. DS joined in the football organised by the "animation" team but he was the only English boy who went - he couldn't care less - depends how confident your DC are. DD liked the show they did one evening, but we just kind of relaxed, stayed together as a family mostly, went out for dinner as a family and then to Blu Bar (recommended - at one end of the beach).

As a pp has said, the best bit for all of us was the proximity to Venice - we went in twice (very easy) and we all absolutely loved it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now