Advanced search

October half term with 10, 7 and 4 yr old not beach

(11 Posts)
EyeStye Sat 08-Apr-17 13:31:58

Would like warm temps but not hot, late teens or early 20s perfect
Relaxing but no more than 1 day of beach / sitting around the pool
A bit of culture but small child friendly
Self catering

Am thinking maybe Amsterdam (not sure where we relax there)
Portugal - any tips for places to stay cultural things for me
Any other ideas very appreciated!

Our budget is about £3k

budgiegirl Sat 08-Apr-17 16:45:29

Barcelona? Lots of culture, lovely city beach, loads for kids to do - cable car, aquarium, Tibidabo Amusement Park, Montjuic Castle, the magic fountain, parks etc. Plus all the culture you could possibly need!

Also, it's very easy to take the train, or hire a car and visit nearby seaside resorts such as Sitges, plus Port Aventura (big theme park) or water parks.

Misty9 Sat 08-Apr-17 22:25:58

We're currently on holiday in lisbon with DC aged 3 and 5 and its fun although tiring. Lots to see and beaches are a 40min train ride away. With your age DC you won't need a buggy thankfully - it's a pain in the arse with cobbled pavements and narrow streets, not to mention the hills! shock
Lovely pretty place and tons to explore. We're staying in an airbnb place in West lisbon.

mummymeister Sun 09-Apr-17 12:29:49

Cyprus is very nice at that time of year. if you want it warm then you are going to have to take a medium length flight and not a short haul one.

EyeStye Sun 09-Apr-17 16:25:21

Thanks for the ideas! Any tips for apartments would be much appreciated too. Also looking at center parcs in France (I know it won't be warm!) but will post another thread about that!

EyeStye Sun 09-Apr-17 16:26:18

*misty think we might need a buggy as the youngest will only just have turned 4 and she still asks to be carried all the time whenever I try and get out without one!

EyeStye Sun 09-Apr-17 16:27:15

*budgie I love Barcelona but it's always been loads of walking when been before - any ideas on where to stay where we could park a car for beach trips out the city too? Or staying just outside city with easy access in by train?

budgiegirl Mon 10-Apr-17 07:47:03

any ideas on where to stay where we could park a car for beach trips out the city too?

Try using websites like Holiday Lettings or HomeAway. You can search for accommodation for the dates and area you want, and set the filters to only include properties with parking.

budgiegirl Mon 10-Apr-17 07:52:22

Outside of the city, I'd maybe look at somewhere like Sitges - it's about 30 mins to Barcelona on the train

EyeStye Mon 10-Apr-17 08:56:53

Thanks budgie will check it out

Ollycat Sat 15-Apr-17 18:09:34

I've just booked Venice. Really fancied Copenhagen but thought it might be tad chilly- also considered Barcelona, Prague and Amsterdam.

How about Iceland- get house from Air BnB, hire a car (roads brilliant) - we stayed between Selfoss and Kerid Crater and it was gorgeous.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now