Talk

Advanced search

Spanish villas

(10 Posts)
summerholsdreamin Tue 04-Apr-17 08:21:18

Looking for recommendations for a family villa in Southern Spain. Don't know the region well but after somewhere not too full on,
yet reasonably close to beaches/restaurants etc.

Someone did suggest near La Manga but I have no idea what/where that is. Plus that sounds v expensive!

summerholsdreamin Tue 04-Apr-17 11:24:12

Bump?

Hersetta427 Wed 05-Apr-17 15:12:14

I would say somewhere near la manga without being at la manga. Los Alcazares is a lovely town with a beautiful promenade and beach which is not touristy and much loved by the Spanish. It is only 5 mins from Murcia airport and you can get really good value rentals there. My mum lives nearby and we usually stay with her but once rented a 3 bed house with a shared pool - it was only £450 for a week in august.

derektheladyhamster Wed 05-Apr-17 15:15:08

We stayed at los alcazares a couple of years ago. It was lovely, and very cheap!
We flew from Bournemouth to Murcia, it was the most stress free journey we'd ever done smile

summerholsdreamin Wed 05-Apr-17 16:29:24

Ooh lovely, can you recommend any websites I can check out?

Hersetta427 Wed 05-Apr-17 16:31:17

there are loads of villas and apartments on owners direct, but check out air bnb too.

donajimena Wed 05-Apr-17 17:26:40

Try menyber nerja. Just google it. Had a fab detached villa there last year but we didn't need a car which was a huge bonus.

MissCalamity Sun 09-Apr-17 12:05:37

We've stayed in Los Alcazares twice with children through a family friend. Love coming into Murcia airport so quick & simple!
Plenty of restaurants, very nice family vibe & the beach is lovely.
Would definitely recommend grin

Stokey Fri 14-Apr-17 08:00:34

Another area to consider is the coast line between Cadiz and Tarifa. Lovely sandy beaches, less built up than the Costa del Sol, but a little windy. Also the opposite corner, Almeria, near Cado de Gato is lovely but would be very hot in the summer.

The white villages trail near Ronda & Gaucin have some fab villas but you're getting a bit further from the beach (about 45 mins on windy roads).

Unode50 Fri 14-Apr-17 08:28:52

Another vote for Los Alcázares. Los narejos is an area which is a bit touristy with English speaking people and some pubs. I was there last weekend and it was lovely weather and so cheap.

DP and I have booked a villa for 10 days in summer. I found the villa on the owners direct website. We have hired a car and planning to visit La Manga, Cabo de Palos and Murcia city. May even go to Cartagena too and see the roman ruins.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now