Talk

Advanced search

First holiday abroad

(7 Posts)
Lauraaab123 Mon 03-Apr-17 09:53:41

Hi ladies, I've never posted on here before so apologies if it's in the wrong place. Just a bit of advice I'm after really. Ok so, we have book our first holiday abroad.. I was able to go online and reserve the seats on the plane, and because there is 5 of us I reserved a block of 3 and then 2 behind us. Is this how you would do things? If not, what's the best seating arrangement for families of 5? I understand it's a trivial issue but I genuinely wonder whether this is an ok seating arrangement or whether people do it differently...

daffodilbrain Tue 11-Apr-17 10:25:41

Yes that's fine I'd say. Just work out who's sitting next to the random stranger in he last seat of the block of 3 before you get on plane and who needs the aisle seat and window seat- always contentious! Have fun

budgiegirl Tue 11-Apr-17 10:55:37

Yes, this is how we usually do it. It tends to work well, although I agree with working out who's going to sit where before boarding the flight!

Only exception is if we are flying overnight longhaul, when we do a 4 and a 1 (DH being the one as he will have to drive after flying all night)

Lauraaab123 Tue 11-Apr-17 11:05:01

Thanks ladies. I think about the smallest things, but needed expert advice or I'd worry myself sick haha. 😁

daffodilbrain Wed 12-Apr-17 10:15:52

We're on holiday now (long haul) and on the first leg the seating was 3 +3+3. I chose the seat on my own and Dh and dc sat together- blissful!

Lauraaab123 Wed 12-Apr-17 10:54:04

That sounds lovely lol. We're only going to Gran Canaria, so the flight is not extremely long. Our youngest is 6 so I'm hoping it's a pleasant journey. We are looking at florida for next year. See how they are on this flight first though lol xx

daffodilbrain Wed 12-Apr-17 15:47:20

Enjoy. We all need holidays wherever they are x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now