Talk

Advanced search

Family of 5, October- Canaries? Spain? Algarve? Balearics?

(6 Posts)
bramblina Thu 30-Mar-17 21:52:25

We may be drawn to Tenerife.

Had 2 wweks in Javea last summer and quite liked it.

Haven't been to Algarve since we had kids.

Have exhausted Majorca- loved it. Perhaps Menorca or Ibiza?

We may do villa, or hotel. Need a really good pool. Possible water park- this would be great. If hotel then very close to the beach.

Kids will be 12, 9 and 5. We always hire a car.

Please tell me everything!!!

SerialBodenReturner Thu 30-Mar-17 22:01:30

In October? I'd go for Tenerife just for the weather. I'm not sure how much sun or warmth you're guaranteed in the other places.. Tenerife is stil hot in Oct (I may be going there myself in Oct half term.. wink

Siam Park is a brilliant water park for your aged kids.

Lots of lovely hotels though we go for an apartment since we've had DC (we are five as well) as just easier and a bit cheaper than trying to find hotel rooms for five. I'm sure there are loads of villas too, though never been down that route...I like being around other people too much.

If you stay in the south, Jungle Park is a great day out. Lots of places to hop in the car and see if you get tired of the beach/pool. I'm a fan as you can probably tell smile.

bramblina Thu 30-Mar-17 22:57:06

Hi there thank you. Can you give me any accommodation recommendations?

SerialBodenReturner Fri 31-Mar-17 08:07:48

If you would consider apartments, look at the Parque Santiago 3/4 complexes - they're on a really nice bit of seafront and have beautiful pools (although salt water, which miy children weren't keen on). Right on beach though.

I know loads of hotels are on the seafront, but haven't got personal experience of them. Look at the Del Duque/ Costa Adeje area. Lots of lovely hotels though I think a lot of them would be ££ for five of you, so depends a bit on your budget.

We used to always stay in the Costa Adeje Gran (pre DC) which also has nice pools, though a little walk from the beach.

If you look on trip advisor you'll get an idea of the areas and hotels to aim for/avoid. Though in general if you stay away from very central Las Americas it's not nearly as 'party town' as it once was and most accomm is pretty good standard.

NewYearNewLife53 Tue 04-Apr-17 06:19:17

SerialBodenReturner - can I ask - was the sand black on the beaches where you stayed or imported golden sand?

SerialBodenReturner Tue 04-Apr-17 15:54:26

Imported and golden smile. It tends to be blacker in the north and west but Los Cristianos and Las Americas have golden sand beaches.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now