Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone been to Side, Turkey? (Antalya)

(6 Posts)
bangingmyheadoffabrickwall Wed 29-Mar-17 22:10:08

We are taking our two young children (DS 5 and DD 2) during May half term to the Otium Seven Seas Hotel Resort.

It's been 3 years since we have had a holiday and it seems in that time I have forgotten just about everything!

We would like to know what temperatures we should expect during the last week of May/first week of June -flying out May 29th and any places of interest that are child-friendly (i.e. entertain and interest them).

Also any info on the hotel we are staying at and transfer times and whether it is a 'smooth' journey, would be much appreciated.

Lastly, in terms of clothing, what does a 5 and 2 year old need??? They have 22kgs of luggage allowance - that's about their entire wardrobe!

Hersetta427 Thu 30-Mar-17 14:31:01

We went to Turkey at exactly this time and daytime temps were between 27-34 degrees so it will be very warm so just shorts and t shirts required for day and evening. I believe transfer from the airport is approx. 45 mins but its years since we have been so I can't rightly remember - we will be just along the coast from you at the same time. We are going to Belek.

2014newme Fri 31-Mar-17 10:21:37

Yes I have. Huge beach. Amphitheatre. Busy town with restaurants, bars etc. Popular with Germans.
I had a good time.

midsomermurderess Sat 01-Apr-17 18:29:13

I haven't been to that resort but have been down to that coast in May. The weather is lovely but the sea is still pretty cold.

wrinkleseverywhere Sat 08-Apr-17 08:26:33

In terms of clothes, if you're staying in a hotel & eating in the restaurant, bear in mind your DC will be eating in public for every meal. If they are messy eaters, this can cause problems. Take a lot of t-shirts!

bangingmyheadoffabrickwall Tue 18-Apr-17 15:21:51

Yes, had thought that I would actually need a new outfit for every day for the kids! We (DH and I) are travelling light and only taking two suitcases even though we can take 4!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now