Talk

Advanced search

Toddler geared AI recommendations

(11 Posts)
2012860363 Sat 25-Mar-17 06:27:31

We are thinking of going abroad next May, and will have a nearly 5 year old and an early
4 year old.
It will be our first trip abroad (and mine for 8 years!) so it's really important that we find the right hotel.
Ideally we wanted something in Spain / Canary Islands but open to other suggestions as long as the flight times and time difference aren't too significant.
Most important things are that it's warm enough in May and that the pools are heated so not freezing cold and that we can get a room with a divide or partition so that we don't have to sit in silence once the children are asleep. The option of a kids club that takes children from 3 would be a massive bonus just so it's an option.

5* if possible. All I have found so far is the Holiday Village in either Rhodes or Majorca, which look and sound nice enough but it would be nice to find something amazing.

Any recommendations??

Thank you smile

2012860363 Sat 25-Mar-17 06:35:30

Edit a nearly 5 year old and a nearly 4 year old (so 4 and 3) ..... pass me the coffee brew

coursedarlin Sat 25-Mar-17 06:44:14

We have done the holiday village in may for the past 2 years. The Ibiza one is amazing with an onsite water park which is included. I didn't rate the Tenerife one as much as out of season it is a high end hotel so not geared up for kids as much. I like that you get 2 meals in their restaurants rather than a buffet every night and the kids club is great. Our dd loved it and we would be going again this year but I'm pregnant so giving the holiday a miss

DeepfriedPizza Sat 25-Mar-17 06:45:08

I can't offer any recommendations but I've been to HV Majorca, the indoor pool is heated but the others aren't. I've been in May and it was not hot. We had a great time though, DD was 4 when we went and went back again when she was 5.

coursedarlin Sat 25-Mar-17 06:46:42

Also at both sites we had apartments with a lounge/kitchen leading to a large balcony and 2 bedrooms as we didn't want to sit in silence once she was in bed.

Timefor2 Sat 25-Mar-17 07:08:28

Not 5* but check out the H10 chain in the Canaries as they are (or at least some are) very geared towards children. Check whether pools are heated though, not sure about that.

Timefor2 Sat 25-Mar-17 07:10:12

Booking.com is good to browse loads of different places - and even with one child we always insist on a one bed apartment plus a balcony so that we can avoid sitting in the room in the dark. The best is when the balcony is accessible from your bedroom, then stick the kids in the lounge and you have balcony and your room available

AlbusPercival Sat 25-Mar-17 07:11:11

Also look at Sensatori hotels.

One in Mexico was awesome for littlies. We are trying Ibiza this year

Frouby Sat 25-Mar-17 07:17:46

We have been to Alcudia in September with a 4 year old. The Belle Vue complex. Am not sure about the kids club as dd didn't want to go in anyway. But the pools were definitely warm enough and the beach was ideal. Lovely shallow calm water for paddling. The resort is generally geared up for families. The hotel entertainment was brilliant with shows and tots discos every night.

We had a 1 bed apartment so you could pop them in the double and use the living area then move them but am sure there were 2 bed apartments as well.

I would say that on holiday dd and now ds (3) tend to be awake later then crash out and nothing will wake them. They do tend to need a sleep or siesta later afternoon to enjoy the evening so don't get too hung up on having separate rooms. It will cost more money and you probably won't need it.

And to be honest we are always asleep early too. It's knackering running around after little ones all day.

puttingourhoodupdown Sat 25-Mar-17 07:21:28

Another one for Sensatori. We did Cyprus in 2015 when DD was 18 months....in hindsight it was totally the wrong age to go ( not long walking/ restless toddler/ bit too hot for her) but the facilities were lovely. I'm eyeing up Crete Sensatori for next May/ June when DD will be 4 and the new one will be 7/8 months

2012860363 Sat 25-Mar-17 19:48:17

Thanks so much for all your suggestions, off I go to google smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now