Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Highchairs in Lanzarote

(15 Posts)
onemumtwocountries Fri 24-Mar-17 06:20:33

Going to Lanzarote tomorrow with 7 month old DS. My friend said restaurants in the Canaries generally don't have highchairs?! I have a travel one I can pack but it's quite bulky. Anyone got any experience? He's so good when he can sit and eat independently, I really don't want to have him on my lap for the whole week!

Thank you.

onemumtwocountries Fri 24-Mar-17 12:20:13

Bump!

budgiegirl Fri 24-Mar-17 12:31:06

I'd pack your travel one. It's quite a few years since we our children were small enough to need a high chair, but we found that many restaurants at that time in the Canaries/Balearics either didn't have high chairs, or if they did, they were literally just a tall chair, that pushed up to the table with no straps or restraints of any kind.

onemumtwocountries Fri 24-Mar-17 15:09:14

Thanks Budgie, that confirms my friend's advice!

Ashers40 Fri 24-Mar-17 21:39:48

I used to have something like this:
ww.uberkids.co.uk/Product.do?method=view&n=7223&g=628245&p=627920&d=124&c=4&l=2&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Base&utm_campaign=Portable%20High%20Chairs%20&%20Table%20Seats&gclid=CITprvmM8NICFQPgGwodbgMDmA

Ashers40 Fri 24-Mar-17 21:43:20

Not sure that link worked, it's a fabric chair harness (Totseat), I used to take it on holidays abroad or anywhere I thought there might not be a high chair

NomChanged Fri 24-Mar-17 21:46:00

I Was there recently and it's very family friendly and IME all restaurants have them. There are also companies which rent out baby gear such as strollers, trikes, high chairs etc

WeeM Fri 24-Mar-17 21:49:04

Def take the one you have. And make sure you have a decent sized changing mat too because don't expect any baby change facilities anywhere!!

Timefor2 Fri 24-Mar-17 21:50:34

Most places had them where we went. Are you taking a pushchair? We used that pushed right up to the table in places without

NomChanged Fri 24-Mar-17 21:51:42

WeeM we were obviously in different places! Baby changing facilities everywhere where we stayed! It's an excellent choice for an off season family holiday OP

Paffle Fri 24-Mar-17 21:55:17

We heard that about Lanzarote and duly schlepped a travel highchair around with us. No need for it at all. Everywhere had high chairs.

billabye Fri 24-Mar-17 22:02:30

We go around 4 times a year and haven't had a problem. Some have better high chairs than others but many have IKEA antilop.

WeeM Fri 24-Mar-17 22:08:46

Maybe I'm getting mixed up with somewhere else in Spain! I remember squatting in tiny unisex toilets to change nappies-it was ok though, just not what we're used to here!

onemumtwocountries Sat 25-Mar-17 01:39:02

Thank you all! DH is packing his sports gear in a massive bag and we managed to fit the seat in. It's the type you secure to a chair with straps and comes with its own little tray. We are taking a stroller which would work at a push but a highchair will be better. We're going to the North which isn't quite as touristy, and also we can use it on the beach for DS to snack without getting too sandy. I'll report back and let you know :-)

onemumtwocountries Sun 02-Apr-17 12:45:36

I just wanted to update on this: we had dinner out most nights and everywhere but one restaurant had highchairs. Ikea Antilops without the tray, which worked just fine for us.

Also most places had a changing table in the toilets, just like in the UK.

We were in Teguise in the north, far from the main resorts. Hope this helps!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now