Talk

Advanced search

Similar to nielson holiday but not sporty

(9 Posts)
Strawberryshortcake40 Mon 20-Mar-17 20:16:00

We went on a neilson holiday to Greece a few years ago and DC loved it, especially the kids clubs. At the time both were into sailing and there was lots of that there.
However eldest DC needs a very non active holiday this year, so I'm looking for something like that but with more low key activities rather than the emphasis on sport.
Any ideas? Ideally we are looking at May but may have to do summer hols instead.

mummymeister Tue 21-Mar-17 12:18:11

you have left it really late for either of these dates and might struggle to get exactly what you want. the reason neilsons is so popular is because of the kids clubs. you could have a look at Mark Warner. or try somewhere that is AI as they generally have kids clubs there as well.

May half term is only 9 weeks away so chances are what is left will either be bottom end or top end of the market.

Strawberryshortcake40 Tue 21-Mar-17 16:32:42

Yes I'm aware of the late timings. Unfortunately we wouldn't have been able to get travel insurance until now so couldn't book.

Neilson do still have availability but it's too much of an active holiday now.

juneau Tue 21-Mar-17 16:44:50

Thomson Sensatori? Club Med? Surely just a nice hotel by a beach with a kids club would do you and there must be plenty of those around the Med. I'd pick a place and then see what hotels there are and what facilities, tbh. Neilson is quite a niche market, due to the sailing thing, so if you want a nice hotel without the sailing and activities it should be pretty easy once you've decided where you want to go.

wrinkleseverywhere Sat 08-Apr-17 08:30:53

How non-active do you want? Do you just want lying by a pool, doing a bit of swimming, strolling somewhere for lunch or do you want other "distractions"? Is your other DC still looking to do activities?

2014newme Sun 09-Apr-17 08:56:45

Ikwym we love neilsons but I wouldn't mind a less sporty version and better beaches. All the neilsons beaches are quite poor
But the kids activities are so fantastic

LizzieMacQueen Sun 09-Apr-17 09:10:07

Club Med and Mark Warner holidays, the latter you don't have to participate in all the sports on offer.

PhilODox Sun 09-Apr-17 09:24:48

How old are the children? Will they still need kids clubs?

2014newme Sun 09-Apr-17 16:21:24

Neilsons you don't have to participate in the sports, same as mark Warner. But if you aren't using the sports it's a bit of a waste of money.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now