Talk

Advanced search

Best beach in the South of France??

(8 Posts)
HNY2017 Sun 19-Mar-17 16:23:46

By best beach I mean nice fine sand, clean, good swimming for small kids.

I've been to Pampelonne pre-DC and in my head it was lovely but not sure if it really was amazing or I'm remembering it with rose-tinted glasses.

Crumbs1 Sun 19-Mar-17 16:26:20

Biarritz is fabulous- two big surfing beaches but also a lovely, quiet calm sandy beach. Lovely restaurants, less glitzy than Cannes and closer.

HNY2017 Sun 19-Mar-17 20:08:34

Thanks! Hadn't considered that side. We live in mainland Europe so it's actually further for us, but I will check it out anyway!

Milliways Sun 19-Mar-17 20:24:19

There's a lovely stretch near Port Grimaud, which is a fab place to wander round, and you can get a boat trip to St Tropez and day trips to Monaco.
Couldn't say it was one of the best though as have only been to 2 or 3 different areas on South Coast. We love most of the French coast though smile

MrsWOLF1 Mon 20-Mar-17 18:48:57

Marsellian not the recognized beach but the stretch that goes towards sete .Le ciotat is fab .And not the south but the coast of brittany has fabulous ,unpopulated beaches

Humphriescushion Mon 20-Mar-17 18:52:09

Bandol - renecros beach at the far end of the town is my favourite.

AdaColeman Mon 20-Mar-17 19:09:25

Cavalaire-sur-Mer (just around the corner from St. Tropez) is lovely, very laid back, nice beach, good range of restaurants, would be great for a family holiday I think.

Parker231 Mon 20-Mar-17 19:15:26

en.plages.tv/seaside-resorts/mandelieu-la-napoule-06210

It's gorgeous here - lovely beach and town with loads to see and do

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now