We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Paris with a 12 and 13 year old - suggestions ?

(11 Posts)
OldGuard Sun 19-Mar-17 06:40:26

Spending a week - have booked an airb&b central location - now trying to work out schedule / activities

Does anyone have any recommendations ?

OldGuard Sun 19-Mar-17 13:49:41

Bump

myrtleWilson Sun 19-Mar-17 13:56:35

My dd was about 11 when we went but still liked hanging out in the Jardin du Luxembourgh, loved the Eiffel Tower. We meant to go to the catacombs but got timing wrong. Science park where there were lots of young men working out (!). Various cemeteries, lots of cafes and bread and patisserie buying...

We didn't do Disney and didn't do any high end fashion shops (but she'd love that now!)

Enjoy!

OldGuard Sun 19-Mar-17 14:48:05

Thx myrtle

BradleyPooper Sun 19-Mar-17 14:56:39

Orangerie for huge monet water lillies
Sacre Coeur funicular for the dome and crepes in the square
Walk from rue du bac metro down rue du bac to bon marche, lots of cute shops (and ice cream) on the way and bon marche is fabulous old department store, don't forget the food hall!
Wander round the marais, more cute shops and fantastic falafel
Do the rest of the touristy stuff too ... musee d'orsay, louvre, Eiffel Tower, Notre dame, boat trip from pont neuf.... and sephora on the champs elysees if they are at all into makeup grin

BradleyPooper Sun 19-Mar-17 14:57:23

Sorry assuming kids are girls.....!

Doubleaxel Sun 19-Mar-17 15:00:14

Definitely catacombs. Get there early and be prepared to queue. Bike tour! Really worth the money to go with a guide, safe and fun. Montparnasse tour is much better value than the Eiffel Tower with shorter queues. Bateaux Mouches. Cheesy and touristy but great way to see a lot. Let them plan out how to get around on the metro.

OldGuard Mon 20-Mar-17 18:26:39

Thanks
Can anyone recommend a good bike tour ?

FurryDogMother Mon 20-Mar-17 18:28:35

I was 13 the first time I went to Paris (many years ago!) and remember loving the tour of the sewers. But then I was a slightly strange child.

I8toys Tue 21-Mar-17 14:00:23

We went at feb half term on Eurostar Ds 11 and 13

First night did boat on the seine - saw the Eiffel tower lit up - magical

Day 2 - Bus tour Foxity
The lunch on Eiffel tower. The lunch was great but people were pushing and shoving to get on the lifts - horrible
Then Musee d'Orsay - didn't last long as they were tired and not bothered.
Day 3 - Catacombs first thing - fascinating and creepily beautiful
Montparnasse Tower - lovely and quiet great views and ice skating and curling on the top
Louvre - again we were all tired and didn't last long

Doubleaxel Tue 21-Mar-17 14:04:13

We used blue bike tours. There are a variety of tours. Groups are small, our guide was French but the tour was in English. He made it both interesting and fun. Halfway through we stopped for crepes smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now