Help with holiday in June, with a 3y/o - sandy beach, nothing too big

(10 Posts)
FiddleFigs Thu 16-Mar-17 11:02:29

I am utterly useless when it comes to organising holidays - please help!

We're looking to go half-board, near a beach, which must be sandy (DH's requirement) and not a big resort or holiday village. I don't mind where - Greek Is, Spain, Corfu, Rhodes, Sardinia etc. Ideally, I'd like a place that we can have breakfast and dinner in, but is within striking distance of places for lunch (tavernas, or cafes/restaurants in town). Don't really want to have to rent a car.

Does anyone have any specific recommendations/suggestions that might fit the bill, please?

noramum Thu 16-Mar-17 17:18:31

Port d'Alcudia in Majorca. Small town in walking distance from the beach, sandy but shallow waters. We went twice to the area (a bit south though) and DD was 2 and 4.

You can hire bikes with child seats or trailers, good bus network. Majorca is easy for hiring and driving and lots to see if you fancy a change of scenery.

OnyK Thu 16-Mar-17 20:47:41

San Stefanos, Ag Gordios or Arilas on Corfu.
I can't recommend specific accommodation as we went to all 3 several years ago when my kids were little. I think they are all still relatively quiet areas due to the Greek economic situation.

OnyK Thu 16-Mar-17 20:48:55

Troulos on Skiathos was also lovely.

wigglesrock Fri 17-Mar-17 20:54:21

We've always had great holidays in Ibiza, we started going when dd1 was just short of 2 and have been back a few times. Dd3s middle name was almost Ibiza wink . Have a look at Es Cana, Santa Eulalia. We also liked Mallorca and Estepona in Spain. We've never hired a car.

Shesaysso Fri 17-Mar-17 21:59:30

Puerto Pollensa, Majorca

A1Sharon Sat 18-Mar-17 11:06:12

Agree Puerto Pollensa Mallorca. It is a small, family orientated resort, still quite Spanish. We actually prefer old town Pollensa, but both are ideal with kids.

TheFairyCaravan Sat 18-Mar-17 11:07:50

Cala d'Or in Majorca is really family friendly. The beaches are sandy and cove like. It's very beautiful

wheat32 Sat 18-Mar-17 11:10:24

Yup agree with Peurto Pollensa. I have been going since i was 5 and now take my kids to it. Lovely place.

AlwaysOldBeforeMyTime Sat 18-Mar-17 14:18:04

Cala Galdana in menorca. Gorgeous beaches and quiet enough-just a few restaurants etc. It's the only place we've ever booked to go back again to!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now