Talk

Advanced search

Farm Holiday - Austria or Bavaria

(8 Posts)
Shopgirl1 Mon 13-Mar-17 17:42:05

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a farm stay holiday in Austria or southern Germany - flying to Munich most likely.
Looking to go with DH and almost 4 year old twins. Loads online, but I'd love a recommendation!

Wolpertinger Mon 13-Mar-17 20:23:27

Can't help on a farm stay but Bavaria is packed with things to do, especially castles, in easy travelling distance of Munich.

Burghausen has the longest castle in Europe - it is impressively castley grin

If you go up the Romantic Road, Harburg has an amazing castle which is a nice stopping point on the way to the medieval towns of Dinkelsbuhl and Rothenburg ob der Tauber.

Far less crowded than going to Neuschwanstein and proper fairytale castles in stunning scenery.

Shopgirl1 Mon 13-Mar-17 22:41:01

Thanks, I spent two years living in Bavaria many moons ago and agree it has loads to see and do.
Looking forward to going there with my family now and exploring with them...but i never really looked at country holiday apartments before and don't know where to start.
Ideally Tirol or maybe Salzburg Land in Austria, or the Allgäu would work in Germany.
I'd just love a recommendation of a nice scenic place to stay smile

IadoreEfteling Fri 24-Mar-17 21:52:29

I am looking at same area and salzburg looks like good base, or that town near by the eagles nest seems to get loads of recommendations too?

Shopgirl1 Sat 25-Mar-17 16:58:50

Thanks, I've booked a place in Grossarltal in Austria in the meantime. Really looking forward to it.
By place by the Eagles Nest do you mean Berchtesgaden? There is some amazing scenery around there, I think we will do a day trip there.

curcur Wed 29-Mar-17 14:05:39

Highly recommend the lakes on Carinthia. Going for the 4th year in July. We have split the holiday every year doing a week in different places. Last year we did a week in the Italian mountains and a week in Carinthia. Travel is easy so no more than half a day travelling. There is someone much to do and very few Brits!

Hoppinggreen Wed 29-Mar-17 17:11:17

I've stayed near Erding a few times and loved it
Also love Neuotting (sp?) area
We are off to Nuremberg for a city break next weekend.

DH is from Bavaria and it's a fabulous place

IadoreEfteling Wed 29-Mar-17 22:31:10

Yes op, round there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now