Talk

Advanced search

Any location ideas for a hol with pool in August 2 and 4 yo? UK? Europe?

(9 Posts)
funnyfoursome Sat 11-Mar-17 21:43:46

I am stumped - DS is in Reception so suddenly we are restricted to school hols. Having said we'd stay in UK, holiday cottages are so expensive. I know the South West well and am reluctant to go to Cornwall as it's so busy.
Both DH and I dislike crowds but guess that's inevitable in August anywhere!
Europe is a possibility if not too expensive. Maybe Eurocamps?
Or Dorset/ Pembrokeshire? Have looked at farm stays with pool
Both children loving swimming so really keen to be somewhere with a pool but not sure where to start!
Give me some location ideas fellow mumsnetters!!

mrswarthog Sat 11-Mar-17 21:55:58

We go to various camps across France & Spain (we use www.lifestyleholidays.co.uk as opposed to Euro camp as they are so much cheaper). Berny-riviere is 2 hours from Calais, 1 hour from Euro Disney, 1 hour from the Loire Valley/ Champagne and is fabulous- great pools & lakes. We also drive to Argeles-Sur-Mer in the South of France each August which is fantastic for all of us and we're going to Vila Nova I Geltru in April (flying this time) which is brilliant. Our DC are 7 & 12, we've been going for 7 years to various camps and never had a bad experience. It's significantly cheaper than going to Cornwall / South Wales in school holidays BTW.

funnyfoursome Sat 11-Mar-17 22:04:58

Thanks! That's really helpful as we had looked at Eurocamps!

mirmc Sun 12-Mar-17 10:51:31

Flights to Gerona are very reasonable in August. Lifestyle are on 4 great campsites 30/40 mins from the airport. We've been to Delfin Verde twice and Castell Montgri, both of which we loved. They're also on Cala Gogo and International de la Calonge which look fab too. We have also flown to Barcelona and went to Vilanova Park, only 30 mins away. Mrswarthog you will love it! Car hire is very cheap in Spain, as is food, wine, restaurants, etc. Guaranteed sunshine a huge plus for me!

funnyfoursome Sun 12-Mar-17 14:42:12

I know it's the guaranteed sunshine that is such a draw thanks mirmc!

alwaysonthepiste Mon 13-Mar-17 20:58:27

www.recommendedfamilyholidays.com/
Some good ideas for child-friendly self-catering.

funnyfoursome Mon 13-Mar-17 22:22:31

Thanks always!!

RebelandaStunner Sun 19-Mar-17 13:19:27

Merton hotel Jersey

funnyfoursome Wed 14-Jun-17 13:20:37

Still haven't booked :0 Anyone else got any ideas? We did Croatia once and loved it. Rovinj I think

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now