Talk

Advanced search

Where to go in the south of France?

(12 Posts)
GallivantingWildebeest Fri 10-Mar-17 11:04:39

Went to Narbonne last year. have been to Carcassonne too. Can any suggest somewhere? Thinking about Montpellier/Toulouse...

Must be to the west, as we're driving to the Costa Brava afterwards. And must be near a town with a railway station, as we're taking the train there.

We like castles, nature, beaches, walks, nice views, but would like to be near a town with tourist attractions.

Looking for a gite with its own pool.

Thanks!!

Ancienchateau Fri 10-Mar-17 14:19:27

Nimes is really nice.

vitaminC Fri 10-Mar-17 14:21:45

The Basque coast is lovely - Biarritz, StJean de Luz etc.

fulloffunreally Wed 15-Mar-17 19:36:36

You said West but I think you meant East.

Have a look at the Perpignan area, Argeles s mer, Coullioure. Fab area. Train station too.

mrswarthog Wed 15-Mar-17 19:43:47

Another vote for Argeles-Sur-Mer, Collioure etc. It's lovely & whilst busy, not overcrowded. We're going for the third summer in a row, it's a great base & only just over an hour from Barcelona/ Costa Brava.

phoolani Wed 15-Mar-17 19:44:49

I have to say Montpellier. I've been going there regularly for 20-odd years and I love it. Main line train station, east to get to nimes if you fancy a trip and the walks and villages around the area are gorgeous.

namechangingagainagain Fri 17-Mar-17 16:35:03

can I just jump on to placemark and ask where you went to/ if you enjoyed carcassonne?
I'm planning a possible summer road trip down to spain/ maybe near barcelona. we have a night or two to spend somewhere on the way down..... and we all like castles but struggling to find somewhere nice to suit a family of 6!

Glitteryfrog Wed 29-Mar-17 22:22:42

Argeles-Sur-Mer, Collioure etc. It's lovely & whilst busy, not overcrowded

Yes!
We found a cool place called 'la franqui' which had a cool surfy/ kite surfy vibe.

tinytemper66 Sun 02-Apr-17 20:49:39

Aigues Mortes....lots of gites/houses for rent.
We went last year and have booked to go again this summer.

www.holidayfrancedirect.co.uk/holiday-rentals/RG002576/index.htm

herwegoagain123 Tue 04-Apr-17 01:01:07

Argeles camping.

Heratnumber7 Tue 04-Apr-17 01:20:11

Toulouse is beautiful.
Advice a. Is it to Barcelona if your down that way, although it's not in France. Sagrada Familia is beautiful.

AmazingDisgrace Wed 05-Apr-17 15:30:47

Collioure is lovely, been several times now. We didn't love Argeles as much but if you're camping then thats got lots of big camp sites

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now