We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

recommend hotels in dubrovnik please

(6 Posts)
poppym12 Fri 10-Mar-17 09:01:37

Near the sea, not too far away from the old town (short bus ride fine), on a half board basis and within walking distance of coffee shops or cafes.

When I was deciding on which part of Croatia to visit yesterday I had one or 2 recommendations. Does anyone have any more please as I feel like I'm going round in circles trying to decide.

Iamastonished Sun 12-Mar-17 00:25:58

We stayed at Hotel Lapad a few years ago. It was an easy, short bus ride to the old town, but away from the hustle and bustle. I would stay there again.

poppym12 Mon 13-Mar-17 07:45:33

Thank you astonished. my partner chose valamar lacroma. It looks a bit businessy to me but as it's his choice, I can blame him if it's crap grin

Iamastonished Mon 13-Mar-17 09:40:24

I know where that is. It isn't far from where we stayed. It is on the same bus route that we took to get to the old town. Part of the road on the Lapad peninsula is one way so our bus went past it on our way back from town. We also had a wander across the peninsula and found a nice foot path that ran from Plaza Lapad towards the Royal Princess hotel.

The reviews sound good as well. Enjoy your holiday - and take comfortable shoes to walk in.

AliceMum09 Mon 13-Mar-17 21:03:35

DH and I stayed at this hotel when we went to Dubrovnik in 2003. It has changed a LOT! When we went it was a nice, clean, but 'average' three star hotel that we booked through Inghams!

It was in a great location though, just a stroll to the old walled town. We had a lovely view out over the sea, I can totally see how amazing it would be now it's gone all posh!

Definitely adding this to my list of hotels to visit as soon as we can start having child free holidays again grin

poppym12 Mon 13-Mar-17 21:16:28

I liked the look of that one too alice but the dates were going weren't available (and the lacroma was cheaper grin).

I'm glad it looked ok astonished. It wasn't my first choice but I cajoled my partner into going away for a whole week (he struggles to relax anywhere for more than 4 days) and he really liked to look of it so I thought it fair to compromise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now