We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Hotel or Villa with a 2 year old

(9 Posts)
IncyWincySpiderOnRepeat Wed 08-Mar-17 22:04:51

Hi ladies,

Am thinking of booking a week in Majorca in September for myself, my husband and our daughter who will be 2yrs 4months old.

I'm really undecided whether a hotel or villa will be best, it's our first trip abroad with little one so want to make the right decision!

Am thinking a villa could be best, more space, extra bedroom, own pool and loungers etc, but am nervous about driving and self catering and wondering if little one might actually have more fun with all the entertainment and splash parks that a hotel might offer....

Really interested to hear other people's thoughts and experiences as the more I think about it the more confused I am lol!

Thanks!

Timefor2 Wed 08-Mar-17 22:11:20

I'd say it massively depends on the hotel. If you are all sharing a double room and so creeping around in the dark with a child asleep from 7pm it will most likely be no fun, but a hotel made up of one bed apartments can work brilliantly and to me seems more 'holiday' if they clean and potentially provide food too than a villa. Have fun whatever you choose!

wrinkleseverywhere Wed 08-Mar-17 22:21:06

Thomson (and no doubt others) have got some great aparthotels. You're in a hotel complex but have a little apartment with a bedroom, bathroom & living area in which there will often be a sink, fridge & microwave as well as sofa etc.
It's going back a few years now but we stayed in Protur Aparthotel Bonaire (thru Thomson although you can probably book it directly) in Majorca & then another Thomson Family place on the edge of Ayia Napa. It worked really well. There was enough space in the bedroom for a travel cot so we could put DD to bed & then go & sit in the sitting room or on the balcony; the fridge meant we could buy some milk & yogurts and beer and wine, the kitchenette meant we could make her a sandwich of a bowl of cereal if she was hungry at a different time to when we wanted to eat.

IncyWincySpiderOnRepeat Fri 10-Mar-17 22:33:23

Thanks for the replies, looks like I will be researching aparthotels this weekend wink

The Bonaire Aparthotel looks particularly nice, feeling excited now!

AntiHop Fri 10-Mar-17 22:36:14

We always stay in self catering and we don't drive. We just choose a place where there's shops nearby and activities accessible by foot or bus.

Makemineacabsauv Sat 11-Mar-17 18:52:16

I always like meeting new people and do do my dc - they always loved playing with others in the pool even from an early age so I would agree with others about an aparthotel. Also if your dd would cope she might enjoy the mini disco type activity then crash out in a buggy to let you enjoy evening entertainment - if that is your thing!

Groovee Sat 11-Mar-17 19:29:09

We used to go to a fab hotel in Salou that was an apartahotel and it was fabulous.

Sistafromanuthamista Sat 11-Mar-17 19:39:49

We stayed in a one bed apartment last year with our then just over one year old. Worked well as she slept in the main room and DP and I were in the bedroom. We watched box sets whilst she was asleep at night. No way would I stay in a studio/twin room. I've spent most of the day looking at one bed apartments today in fact. Last year was first time we've ever gone all inclusive, worked well with a toddler so doing it again this year.

Hersetta427 Wed 15-Mar-17 14:45:39

I have friends who have been to the Bonaire twice and loved it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now