Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What was your best sun holiday in may

(8 Posts)
WeShouldOpenABar Tue 07-Mar-17 22:36:37

I have no idea where to go nothing is really grabbing me,

Can anyone recommend somewhere within four hours flight with sun and great restaurants, would like a bit of music at night but not into clubbing. No kids to consider.

Where was your best may holiday

busyboysmum Tue 07-Mar-17 22:42:45

Palma is very nice. As is Lisbon. I do love being in a city with a beach. Best of both worlds. Also loved Nice actually. You can get a train very cheaply that goes all the way from Monaco to Cannes or St Tropez.

hellokittymania Tue 07-Mar-17 22:46:50

I really loved Lisbon and it was sunny the entire time I was there . I also used to live in Italy and would have to say Umbria has lovely places to visit that aren't so touristy . Croatia is another one I would recommend .

Joneseygirl77 Wed 08-Mar-17 06:52:14

Another Nice fan here. Weather is great, loads of places you can visit for day trips and good restaurants/ bars.

Skooba Wed 08-Mar-17 07:15:22

You can check the day and night temperatures on line. I am surprised places on the Med are that warm. I lived in Tunisia and apart from around noon when teh sun was hot, the weather was pretty cold and damp in the winter.

Iamastonished Wed 08-Mar-17 07:17:23

Sissi in Crete, and the Makarska riviera in Croatia.

Skooba Wed 08-Mar-17 07:17:25

Sorry, missed the bit about may holiday - thought it was now!

tigerdog Wed 08-Mar-17 07:31:38

I was very surprised at how much I enjoyed Fuertaventura. Having been scarred by a May holiday in Sicily when it rained for days on end and was cold, we decided to go for a guaranteed sun holiday. Not our usual choice as we prefer a bit more to do, culture etc. We stayed in a lovely little boutique hotel, rooms were very nice, fab seaview and great restaurant right by the sea. Beaches were small but lovely, it wasn't busy and there was great choices for food (including an excellent sushi restaurant). The first day I wondered if we had made a mistake, as there was literally nothing to do, but by the second day we had embraced it and just enjoyed swimming, long walks in the nature reserve and around the island, reading loads and eating well. Most relaxing holiday I've ever had!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now