Talk

Advanced search

Santorini or Mykonos

(6 Posts)
BlondeGinger Mon 06-Mar-17 17:02:52

Myself and DP are looking at both for the first week of October. Has anyone been to both or either and could tell me which was the better choice, as they both look so beautiful!

Makemineacabsauv Thu 09-Mar-17 22:41:01

Santorini is beautiful with amazing sunsets but beaches aren't great due to it being volcanic. Not been to Mykonos but Santorini is beautiful and unique.
Always fancied Mykonos as that's where Shirley Valentine went!

RemusLupinsChristmasMovie Fri 10-Mar-17 18:45:13

Only been to Santorini. It's gorgeous - some of it, breathtakingly so - but agree not a beach holiday.

IsabelleSE19 Fri 10-Mar-17 18:50:27

Santorini is stunning, especially for a no-children romantic holiday. When I was there we were staying in a place where you could look out onto the caldera from by the pool so I didn't miss the beach. Went on a good boat trip though that stopped at a couple of beaches and gave you a chance to swim in the sea.

My favourite island was probably Naxos though - lovely sandy beaches there.

Madbengalmum Fri 10-Mar-17 18:54:11

Mykonos is nicer than Santorini in my opinion. It is stunning, but more real and less snided out by cruise passengers. Santorini is lovely but i prefer mykonos, much cooler bars and shops too imho

Madbengalmum Fri 10-Mar-17 18:55:15

Too add my favorites are Navplion and Patmos, both teeny tiny islands though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now