We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Amsterdam by train what's the cheapest way?

(7 Posts)
whataboutbob Thu 02-Mar-17 11:20:10

Is it better to book all the way through with Eurostar or just go Eurostar to Brussels and get the return to Amsterdam separately? Been quoted £ 600 return on Eurostar for family of four, admittedly June half term.

barcelo Sat 04-Mar-17 15:31:18

That seems expensive.

Me and DH a

re flying to Amsterdam shortly - I booked our tickets for just over £100 for the two of us.

I suppose the best way is to try the booking with the different permutations of your trip.

Janek Sat 04-Mar-17 16:12:08

I think it would be cheaper to book all the way through to amsterdam. Friends of mine recently got a very good price from london to limoges on a through ticket (i know it was a good price, because i checked the corresponding eurostar prices, and i make the journey once a year myself).

Tickets for the eurostar in may half term (if you are talking about 27 may - 5 june) have been on sale since november, so the cheapest tickets will be long since gone. We booked eurostar tickets going from london-paris for that week (we are going to italy) and the eurostar tickets alone cost £618 for the four of us. We booked them about a month ago. If we had not already booked the onward leg (paris-turin) we would probably not be going, as this is prohibitively expensive, but dp someone didn't check all tickets before booking...

whataboutbob Sun 05-Mar-17 17:48:54

Thanks everyone. I have done some internet research and indeed it seems cheaper to book all together with Eurostar which includes a booking from brussels to Amsterdam on the Thalys. However, it is £160 cheaper to take Easyjet, and of course quicker so that's what I've booked.

flyingkangaroos Sun 05-Mar-17 17:58:24

another time do look at the Harwich/Hook of Holland option - can be cheap well in advance.

IadoreEfteling Sun 05-Mar-17 21:59:53

We do ferry - use tesco vouchers and its 110 return - from dover to Dunkrik.

whataboutbob Sun 05-Mar-17 22:00:08

Thanks kangaroos!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now