Talk

Advanced search

Amsterdam by train what's the cheapest way?

(7 Posts)
whataboutbob Thu 02-Mar-17 11:20:10

Is it better to book all the way through with Eurostar or just go Eurostar to Brussels and get the return to Amsterdam separately? Been quoted £ 600 return on Eurostar for family of four, admittedly June half term.

barcelo Sat 04-Mar-17 15:31:18

That seems expensive.

Me and DH a

re flying to Amsterdam shortly - I booked our tickets for just over £100 for the two of us.

I suppose the best way is to try the booking with the different permutations of your trip.

Janek Sat 04-Mar-17 16:12:08

I think it would be cheaper to book all the way through to amsterdam. Friends of mine recently got a very good price from london to limoges on a through ticket (i know it was a good price, because i checked the corresponding eurostar prices, and i make the journey once a year myself).

Tickets for the eurostar in may half term (if you are talking about 27 may - 5 june) have been on sale since november, so the cheapest tickets will be long since gone. We booked eurostar tickets going from london-paris for that week (we are going to italy) and the eurostar tickets alone cost £618 for the four of us. We booked them about a month ago. If we had not already booked the onward leg (paris-turin) we would probably not be going, as this is prohibitively expensive, but dp someone didn't check all tickets before booking...

whataboutbob Sun 05-Mar-17 17:48:54

Thanks everyone. I have done some internet research and indeed it seems cheaper to book all together with Eurostar which includes a booking from brussels to Amsterdam on the Thalys. However, it is £160 cheaper to take Easyjet, and of course quicker so that's what I've booked.

flyingkangaroos Sun 05-Mar-17 17:58:24

another time do look at the Harwich/Hook of Holland option - can be cheap well in advance.

IadoreEfteling Sun 05-Mar-17 21:59:53

We do ferry - use tesco vouchers and its 110 return - from dover to Dunkrik.

whataboutbob Sun 05-Mar-17 22:00:08

Thanks kangaroos!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now