Talk

Advanced search

Really good campsite with statics or lodges 3 hours drive from Paris?

(5 Posts)
Sl1nkyMalinki Mon 27-Feb-17 19:48:05

Hi everyone,

We are trying to book a cheap holiday in France (around £1500) for the 4 of us in August and I'd really appreciate some help as there are just so many options!

We are planning to fly from Bristol to Paris CDG, hire a car and drive to a campsite. We're not happy campers so a lodge or static is an absolute must! We will be happier on a site rather than in a gite on our own as this is the first time we will do something rather than a standard package holiday and appreciate the security aspect of being with other holidaymakers. DC will be 7 and 11 in the summer.

I have found this place which looks ideal and is well within budget, but has no pool: en.flowercampings.com/campsite-loire-valley-central-france/camping-de-la-foret I love that the activities are all on hand, and a natural lake to swim in is really swaying me. Is a pool completely necessary?

I've also looked at this one: en.flowercampings.com/campsite-loire-valley-central-france/camping-les-granges but there doesn't appear to be much more in the area for the kids, and definitely no beach/lake.

Does anyone have any other ideas of places to look? Three hours driving from CDG is about our limit, any other airport in France is at least double the cost of the CDG flights, hence being set on the Loire region.

Thank you smile

christmashope Tue 28-Feb-17 09:38:52

Have you looked at
canvas holidays - berny riverie
(Think that's how you spell it)
We stayed in a lovely lodge there by the lake
We went to Disneyland Paris and think it took us around 2hrs

ThomasRichard Tue 28-Feb-17 09:51:10

Have you had a look at Centerparcs in France? Link. There are a few within 3 hours of Paris and they're significantly cheaper than the ones in the U.K. but just as good.

Sl1nkyMalinki Tue 28-Feb-17 19:34:27

Wonderful, thank you! I didn't realise there were Center Parcs in France! I knew about the Dutch ones, but hadn't thought about France. I'll have a look at Canvas holidays too, thank you both!

We have booked our flights now so whatever happens we have 8 days in Paris at least!

carries Tue 07-Mar-17 00:10:34

We are staying at a eurocamp Paris Est-Champigny Campsite. It's a value site but does static caravans. I think it's about 30 mins into Paris. We're going in April - dh, me & 3 DDs. Costing £185 for 7 nights. Driving from Glasgow (we are off our heads). I know there are 2 other eurocamps under 90 mins from Paris.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now