Talk

Advanced search

Holiday resort recommendations for hol with 5 year old

(10 Posts)
snowgirl1 Mon 27-Feb-17 13:39:52

Looking for recommendations on holiday resorts in Southern Europe (Southern France, Spain, Italy, Greece, Mediterranean islands) that would be good for a summer holiday with a 5 year old.

Previously we've done Mark Warner/Neilson type activity holidays with DD, but now she's 5 and at school they're a bit too expensive. We've also done mobile homes/ready-pitched tents.

Any suggestions welcomed as I'm looking for inspiration! Only absolute requirement would be a pool (and, ideally, either a beach or a lake).

snowgirl1 Mon 27-Feb-17 22:11:40

hopeful bump

2014newme Tue 28-Feb-17 10:45:59

Hi op we did neilsons till ours were five too.
Sine then we have done Mexico a few times and Mauritius. loads to do for kids and plenty to explore in the area.

snowgirl1 Tue 28-Feb-17 21:11:00

2014newme wow, Mauritius worked out less expensive than Neilsons??! I'm off to do an internet hunt. Did you go in the summer holidays?

2014newme Tue 28-Feb-17 22:30:47

No we went May and took the kids out og school for 4 days and joined it onto half term. We do that every year.

popflos Fri 03-Mar-17 10:24:46

www.caseriodelmirador.com perfect for little girl this age, other kids, great food, easy journey, animals, half hour to beach.

snowgirl1 Fri 03-Mar-17 14:43:17

Popflox, thank you for the suggestion. Caserio del Mirador does look lovely - but sadly all the suitable accommodation options are booked for the weeks we would want to go...one to bear in mind for next year though!

emptygirl123 Mon 06-Mar-17 23:04:57

Whats your budget ?
Have you looked here
www.hotelsviva.com.

snowgirl1 Tue 07-Mar-17 09:34:25

Thanks emptygirl I'll have a look at those hotels - have you been to one in particular that you can recommend?

Hersetta427 Tue 07-Mar-17 10:12:03

what is your budget. My 5 yr old loves the first choice holiday villages (in all your preferred locations except france). We loved the ones in Kos, Cyprus, Majorca.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now