Talk

Advanced search

Recommend good cheap hotel near malaga?

(17 Posts)
Lucysdiamonds Mon 27-Feb-17 08:33:00

I've booked extremely cheap flights to malaga in April. I'm looking for a cheap hotel nearby for myself and dd15. My only requirements really are that its clean, self catering and walking distance to the beach. A pool would be nice too, and comfy beds - no bed bugs!

TIA

Lucysdiamonds Mon 27-Feb-17 13:06:44

Nobody?

OnyK Mon 27-Feb-17 19:47:06

How near? In Malaga itself?
I'm going to Benalmadena in April as that was the cheapest, decent area I could find. Have also been to Fuengirola. Put your requirements into Booking.com and see what comes up, then see if it's cheaper to book directly or not.

Lucysdiamonds Mon 27-Feb-17 20:29:36

Thanks smile I did .. found a hotel in Benalmadena too grin Seemed cheapest ok place to me too. When are you going?

OnyK Tue 28-Feb-17 19:23:30

First week of the Easter hols, you?

keeprunninguphill Tue 28-Feb-17 19:28:15

you'll find plenty of hotels IN Malaga centre. it's a beautiful city, and has reasonable beaches too. Although April may still not quite be beach weather. Short hop on the bus from the airport. Another reason to further along the coast IMO. We stayed in a Novotel right in the centre in August last year, very reasonable. Or try an airb&b.

Lucysdiamonds Wed 01-Mar-17 00:05:37

OnyK 6th to 11th April smile

Lucysdiamonds Wed 01-Mar-17 05:36:48

OnyK, which hotel did you book? I went for MS Aly apartments after reading hundreds of reviews.

Out2pasture Wed 01-Mar-17 06:12:04

I stayed at the Best Triton in Benemedina and it was fab for our purpose (wedding)
Meals included, clean rooms, pools, beachfront and evening boardwalk.

OnyK Wed 01-Mar-17 18:03:07

Pierre et Vacances, but we arrive as you leave.
Have a great holiday and let me know what the weather's like when you get there!

Lucysdiamonds Wed 01-Mar-17 19:19:18

Will do! smile

KeepSmiling83 Wed 01-Mar-17 20:42:11

We have been going to Benalmadena every year for 30 years (I'm only 33!) In fact I got back from a long weekend last week. It's a lovely place with lots of lovely bars, restaurants etc. It rained when we were there last week but it's a bit warmer now!

Lucysdiamonds Wed 01-Mar-17 22:07:24

That's great smile Anywhere you'd recommend? It's going to be difficult because we're on a tight budget and dd is veggie. I read on TripAdvisor that there's a good pizzeria near the marina but try to avoid wheat so not ideal for me although she'll love it.

OnyK Thu 02-Mar-17 18:57:55

Lucy, can you report back on veggie food too pls as we're also veggie?

Lucysdiamonds Fri 03-Mar-17 22:31:24

Of course smile

KeepSmiling83 Sat 04-Mar-17 12:55:53

I would go to Benalmadena pueblo if you can. It's a taxi journey (there is a bus too although not sure when it runs this time of year). There are a few lovely restaurants up there (La Fuente and La Niña are both very nice) and it is lovely just to wander through the cobbled streets.

There are some nice places to eat in the marina (the Chinese - Sakura - is very tasty) but it is more expensive than some of the other places in Benalmadena.

Enjoy!

Lucysdiamonds Sat 04-Mar-17 18:45:50

I'm going to try and walk everywhere .. I'm scared of using public transport when I don't speak the language blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now