Talk

Advanced search

What is Bucharest like please?

(6 Posts)
mamakoukla Sat 25-Feb-17 22:43:58

Hello! Possible trip to Bucharest - recommendations, insight and viewpoints all appreciated!

I offer cake gin brew

mamakoukla Sun 26-Feb-17 18:19:12

Little bump....

Temporaryanonymity Sun 26-Feb-17 18:29:03

Lots of stray dogs and graffiti. We looked at some amazing churches and just wandered around really. If we'd had more time we would have gone over to the coast and also checked out the castles.

I was there in 2013 for a short break. Could easily have stayed longer and it was very cheap. Lots of v obvious poverty.

mamakoukla Mon 27-Feb-17 01:24:45

Thank you! It sounds like a place with interesting history.

CardinalSin Mon 27-Feb-17 17:48:46

Been a while, but fascinating contrasts. Massive even-grander-than-Parisian boulevards, and rich government buildings, and round the back streets kids running around in the dirt with no clothes on.

I'm not going to pretend it's my favourite place to visit, but it was certainly interesting.

Floralnomad Wed 01-Mar-17 23:50:07

My adult DS has just been to Bucharest with my dsis for a short break and they really enjoyed it . The main reason for going was to visit Bram castle , which they did on a day tour which also took in Peles castle and Brasov . Brasov was less than impressive but dsis said it was because they'd arrived there when the 'attractions ' were closing for the day but I think if you go later in the year you do Brasov at lunch time which would be better . They stayed at the Hilton in Bucharest which DS described as plush but dated and they found the city very interesting and it is cheap according to dsis .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now