Talk

Advanced search

Late June AI - any recommendations please?

(13 Posts)
VikingChallenger Fri 24-Feb-17 15:33:24

Does anyone have any recommendations for an AI resort (4-5 stars)?
We have never done AI before, but now with a 3 month old (in June) and a 2 yrs old, I don't think we could cope with anything else.

It needs to be clean, good choice for dining, big pools and nice children's ones too (ideally a water park but not necessarily).

Would be nice if it wasn't too remote so we could, if we wanted to, stroll out some evenings.

I've looked at Holiday Village Rhodes and was just about to book it, but the bad TripAdvisor reviews were quite bad and it put us off.

Any ideas?

Whosafraidofabigduckfart Sun 26-Feb-17 22:08:10

We stayed here which was lovely

www.tripadvisor.ie/Hotel_Review-g2089121-d1488268-Reviews-Lopesan_Baobab_Resort-Meloneras_Gran_Canaria_Canary_Islands.html

It was a short walk to a lovely beach too

There was a water park and zoo a short bus/taxi ride away (less than 5k)

My children enjoyed the pools and the food

Whosafraidofabigduckfart Sun 26-Feb-17 22:09:24

There was a nice promenade too.

VikingChallenger Sun 05-Mar-17 16:49:15

Thank you for this, we googled this and it really looks lovely.

The HV Rhodes is lovely and gets 4.5 on TripAdvisor - you'll be hard pushed to get a better reviewed AI than that tbh. I'm going to the sister hotel this year the Aegean Blue which is also lovely.

Sani resort Halkidiki is great, as Martinhal Portugal.

BarbaraofSeville Mon 06-Mar-17 09:01:30

Every hotel will have bad Trip Advisor reviews, even The Ritz, or those super luxe seven star ones in the Middle East. Some people have ridiculous expectations, are very inflexible or are never satisfied.

People are also more likely to leave a bad review if they are unhappy, than a good one if they are delighted with the place.

There are over 2000 reviews for the Rhodes HV on TA and less than a hundred are poor or terrible. Most people thought it was excellent or very good.

barbara it really is a very very good family hotel. I haven't read anything on TA that would put me off.

barbara it really is a very very good family hotel. I haven't read anything on TA that would put me off.

emptygirl123 Mon 06-Mar-17 22:39:00

Hi whats your budget? I will link some places now but viva hotels in spain are fantastic little expensive but i must say worth it.the AI WAS amazing you got top brand drinks not spanish knock offs also food was amazing with chefs cooking fresh food real bubbles with breakfast.also the kids pools and clubs were amazing slush puppies all day long etc cant explain it good enough really so i will link it now .

emptygirl123 Mon 06-Mar-17 23:02:22

www.hotelsviva.com

Hersetta427 Tue 07-Mar-17 10:16:14

if a hotel has that many reviews and still gets a 4.5/5 then I would say it is a pretty solid choice. The HV's are wonderful for kids, although yours are a little young to enjoy al the facilities and entertainment that you are paying for but will not be able to fully utilise.

We have been going to HV's since DD was 18 months (she is now 9) and she and therefore we love them. We are actually going to HV Rhodes in August but I would definitely recommend HV Cyprus or HV kos or HV Majorca as alternates.

Makemineacabsauv Thu 09-Mar-17 22:39:01

Look at the Mitsis chain. The ones in Rhodes and Corfu are in ideal locations though the Roda one is a fair walk into the resort. There's a lovely on in Rhodes town.

VikingChallenger Thu 09-Mar-17 22:46:49

Thank you for all your suggestions- still haven't booked as we can never find the time - but we promised ourselves we'll sort this out this weekend.
Budget £2,000-£2,500 in total.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now