Talk

Advanced search

All Inclusive in Europe

(11 Posts)
ICantFindAFreeNickName2 Tue 21-Feb-17 10:51:05

We are trying to book our first ever family beach holiday. Previously we have rented a cottage in the UK or road trips in the usa, but teenagers want a pool / beach holiday like all their friends.
I can't handle very hot weather, so I thought Easter holidays would be a good time before it gets too hot. I have looked at Tenerife, Cyprus, Malta, Maderia etc but I just cant decide (probably because I'm more of a city break girl myself).
Can anyone suggest a good all inclusive hotel in an nice area, where there will be days trips to see cultural / nature things , as dp will be bored stiff after an hour round a pool.

paap1975 Tue 21-Feb-17 10:52:05

Why not give Barcelona a try? Best of both worlds

bingohandjob Tue 21-Feb-17 15:04:19

Madeira is beautiful but not ideal for teens - and not really any beaches...big pebbly coast, mainly seawater lidos or pool. Canaries are good bet at Easter. We go to Fuerteventura - great if you like water sports - SUP, surf, kite surfing.

Probably more chilled out than Tenerife/Lanzarote - they might suit better if you want busier place.

CottonSock Tue 21-Feb-17 15:05:37

Lisbon was fab and nice beaches near

Hersetta427 Tue 21-Feb-17 15:55:55

I think at Easter you should look at Cyprus - I think the choices further west will not be reliable enough in mid april weather wise (except Tenerife) . Even Cyprus/Tenerife may only be low to mid 20's and the pools at that time of year will be arctic like as none will have heated pools.

BarbaraofSeville Wed 22-Feb-17 12:17:56

Lanzarote would be a good choice and loads of stuff to do that's not just the pool

Waterpark
beach - scuba diving/snorkelling
volcano park
camel rides
boat trips to neighbouring islands
vineyards
Cesar Manrique arty stuff
caves

Playa Blanca is probably the nicest resort with several AI hotels to choose from depending on Budget.

ICantFindAFreeNickName2 Wed 22-Feb-17 15:51:32

Thanks for all the replies - I'm going off to google all the suggestions.

MiniCooperLover Thu 23-Feb-17 14:37:33

How about doing it in the May half term instead of Easter? Will be warmer but not boiling by then?

ICantFindAFreeNickName2 Fri 24-Feb-17 14:13:33

Unfortunately we have other stuff on that week, so the start of the Easter hols is the only time we can manage to get away.

youngestisapsycho Fri 24-Feb-17 14:21:59

The temp at Easter in Canary Islands is nice.. hot enough to swim and sunbathe in but not burning hot like in summer.

MissHC Fri 24-Feb-17 14:34:57

I would second Lanzarote. We went in November and were pleasantly surprised; quite a lot to do. Stayed in Playa Blanca which is a nice town. We were AI but ate out a few times, also rented a car to see most of the island. You can even take a day trip to Fuerteventura on the ferry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now