Talk

Advanced search

Tenerife - where to stay?

(5 Posts)
tactum Mon 20-Feb-17 11:31:26

Looking to go in August for 2 weeks with DH, DD (14), DS (13). Looking around Costa Adeje or anywhere along that coast really. Will have a car.

Any recommendations for accommodation? Ideally self catering apartment with shared pool and a bit going on in the evening (but not OTT). Would be nice if DS could meet up with mates n play football (DD never talks to anyone else on hol), nice restuarants etc. Budget fairly flexible.

I hate booking things with no clue as to how good/bad they really are! Eek.

Thanks in advance

Madbengalmum Mon 20-Feb-17 18:43:20

I have pretty much done every five star property in the vicinity, but cant help with self catering. However, if you want a villa within a hotel you could look at Suite Villa Maria, or if your budget extends to it then Hotel Bahia del duque, as it is now known, has some private villas. However, fantastic they are location wise, i would add they dont have very good cooking facilities ie oven and hob.
If you want hotel recommendations just pm me.

Wellhellothere1 Mon 20-Feb-17 18:47:29

Again no self catering recommendations but we have stayed in the Bahia Del Duque hotel before and are going back this year as we loved it so much. I would definitely recommend it. Lots of lovely restaurants and pools and it's built over a huge area so lovely to wander round the grounds. The spa is amazing too if you fancy some time to yourself.

tactum Mon 20-Feb-17 18:54:26

Thanks - really looking for self catering I think. Can I ask if the beaches are any good? We're more beach than pool people and some of the pictures look pretty grim!

Therealloislane Mon 20-Feb-17 18:58:54

We've stayed San Eugenio, not far from Costa Adeje & we always go self catering.

Have you tried owners direct? Though from memory that's ran differently now & not as good anymore. Home Away is another site you can rent off private owners.

We loved Garden City Apartments & rented an apartment right on the poolside. We also loved laguna park 1 (there's also a laguna 2 but further away)

The only place we didn't like staying in were the Marie Verde apartments as they were mostly residential.

The cooking facilities in the SC apartments aren't great but it's so cheap to eat out anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now