Talk

Advanced search

Holiday ideas with teenagers

(10 Posts)
MrsK Sat 18-Feb-17 10:55:02

Hi,

For years we've gone to Spain to be with family. This year for a change we can go elsewhere. But, we are finding it a little like being in a sweetsop, so, much choice & difficult to choose.

We have two teenage girls (16) daughter & best friend. They like the idea of going somewhere they can meet & hang out with people their age. We just want to relax. We can also for the first time in years travel outside of school holidays.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'd like a bit of luxury as it may be one of the last holidays for awhile where we are all together. Soon they will be off to Uni & holidaying without us.

Crumbs1 Sat 18-Feb-17 10:57:45

Look at Nielsons. Ours loved it - as did we.

gres Sat 18-Feb-17 17:54:32

Soon they will be off to Uni & holidaying without us
Don't be too sure about that.
I have DS21, his GF, also 21and DS19 coming on holiday with us this summer.
They all came with us last year as well. Three times grin.
They do plan to do some travelling on their own but happy to come on a fully paid up trip with us.

Things that have worked with older teenagers.
Large resort, busy but not a "party" resort, somewhere with live music and a few clubs and bars.
Good water park (Siam Park in Tenerife is awesome).
I don't bother with all inclusive as they like to go off in different directions.
Last year we had a little hotel on a beach in Greece which was perfect.

Cruises.
I had never fancied cruising but to my surprise it works really well. Small doses of sightseeing and culture. Loads of entertainment. We did a cruise last year and it was great. The bar bill wasn't even as bad as I expected grin

Finbar Sat 18-Feb-17 18:01:15

We did Copenhagen with two teens. It won't necessarily tick the hanging round with others box but it ticked loads of others:
Cool vibe; street food; music; original & Other Stories shop; trip to hamlets castle - loads more fun than it sounds. Tivoli Gardens for stupid thrill rides. Cycling around everywhere. Fab.

Nospringflower Sat 18-Feb-17 18:03:44

Gres do you mind sharing where your beach hotel in Greece was? Thanks

Cruises are brilliant for teens! They can have loads of freedom in a safe environment and you get the luxury you want. Look at Royal Caribbean, NCL, or Carnival there's so much choice.

bojorojo Sun 19-Feb-17 00:49:15

We have done Cruises. Alaska was good. Also Family Adventure Holidays - teen departures! These are the holidays my DDs remember most! Fantastic. If you go out of school holidays, most teens are still at school/college. You won't find many teens about outside the school holidays, unless you do something USA based - they break up in June.

bojorojo Sun 19-Feb-17 00:49:58

Most cruises are not luxurious. They are ordinary hotels that float!

MrsK Tue 28-Feb-17 19:10:12

Thank you all for taking the time to reply, certainly some food for thought I'd never have considered a cruise for starters.

Timefor2 Tue 28-Feb-17 19:38:15

Agree with PP - Neilson are brilliant for teenagers. Like a more chilled out Mark Warner.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now