Talk

Advanced search

where to go Oct half term - warm hol, all inc about £300 each

(16 Posts)
Note3 Tue 14-Feb-17 16:38:25

Is it doable? Was thinking tenneriefe sort of place and would be 2 adults, 3 children (8, 6, 1)

Wishing hubby had booked different week and just paid fine as it's a lot cheaper but he's saying he can't change holiday from work now...anyone know of any deals or got suggestions on where to start looking please as I've not booked a holiday for about 8 years!

Kirriemuir Tue 14-Feb-17 17:58:49

£300 each? No way on earth will you get Tenerife all inclusive for that.

TheFlis12345 Tue 14-Feb-17 18:05:07

Was looking at Oct hols the other day and there were some all inclusive in Spain, Croatia and Madeira around that price but it wasn't half term week. I don't think you'll find one at that price then as demand is so high.

SallyGinnamon Tue 14-Feb-17 18:15:07

Sorry but I really don't think it would be doable.

I was researching Crete at October half term Sat 21st to Sat 28th for 2 adults and 2 teens. Flights with either Ryanair/EasyJet/Jet2.com were just under £1000 for 4 and then there were some self catering apartments about £400 on booking.com. A package would be much more expensive. Crete is warmer than most Greek Isles that time of year.

When I looked at the flights to the Canaries they were MUCH more expensive.

Top tip: in Oct 2017 keep checking sites for flights to wherever in Oct 2018 and move fast. Those Crete flights were £700 when I first looked.

Note3 Tue 14-Feb-17 18:21:23

Thanks everyone...starting to kiss goodbye to hol in the sun...bit cross about DH changing the week but what's done is done. Will have a look tonight if I can. Don't mind where so long as it's warm enough for kiddies to play in pook

Note3 Tue 14-Feb-17 18:21:33

*pool

rookiemere Tue 14-Feb-17 20:32:33

Agree with borders. It is too late to get a bargain for this October unless you strike lucky with a Turkey holiday and are prepared to go there, but if you get flights as soon as they come out for 2018 usually 11-12 months in advance , then its definitely doable.
I have Easter flights for the 3 of us for under £400 an d have just booked into a complex with mini golf and childrens activites for £500 for the week. Thats s/c but again if you book early you might get a good deal on AI.

ineedamoreadultieradult Tue 14-Feb-17 20:34:09

Turkey is probably your only hope for that. Definitely not any of the Canary Islands

Note3 Tue 14-Feb-17 20:51:24

Double pants...you can tell I've not booked a holiday in years can't you! I'll have to do the year ahead idea and look forward to next year's holiday when it eventually happens hmm

Tequilamockinbird Tue 14-Feb-17 21:16:14

First Choice have a couple just over budget. Photo below is flying from Manchester as an example. Not sure how warm it will be there in October though.

Note3 Tue 14-Feb-17 22:40:48

Wow thanks tequila you're a star! I hadn't looked at first choice but just been on there and it's looking encouraging. DH going to see if he can get a couple of days booked after half term week so we can move the dates back slightly and save a bit on holiday cost but if not will play around tomorrow some more and see if we can book one. Hadn't looked at Costa dorada before either and looks lovely

rookiemere Wed 15-Feb-17 08:32:04

It may be worth checking Icelollly holidays. They seem to have a few Tenerife options that loosely fit the bill just stick to Southern Tenerife for more resort type places and more reliable weather . I'm in Scotland so don't know your half term dates but there is a holiday from Manchester to Laguna park on 17th oct from £196 pp

Note3 Wed 15-Feb-17 15:36:04

Thanks rookie. Ours are week commencing 23rd but DH has now text and said he's been able to book the mon and tue the following week too so we can take a flight that returns just after half term finishes as that lowers the cost a bit. Will check that site tonight thanks

Iamastonished Wed 15-Feb-17 22:44:51

A lot of charter flights end at the end of half term so make sure you have a flight home. Also, I wouldn't bank on it being pool weather in Spain at the end of October.

HelenDenver Wed 15-Feb-17 22:47:37

Yy to not being pool weather.

Look at flights from Norwegian in that week to Greek islands, Cyprus etc. Can be real bargains then book accommodation separately. But it won't be warm enough for the pool anywhere in Europe, I don't think.

Note3 Thu 16-Feb-17 00:44:14

Thanks all...have sat and gone over websites and got a bit boggled and then upped budget some and then some more. Settled on sat flight at start of half term to ibiza for £475 each. Not as cheap as hoped but happy overall. Thanks for all your input. Hopefully will be lovely hol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now