Talk

Advanced search

Ibiza

(16 Posts)
salsamummy Tue 14-Feb-17 12:40:14

I have booked a week on the island AI staying Santa Eulalia which is just moi and ds aged 10.
Any towns worth visiting or things to do?

salsamummy Wed 22-Feb-17 00:03:53

Bump

indigo13 Fri 24-Feb-17 12:48:46

Bump! Id like some recommendations for Ibiza too

salsamummy Fri 24-Feb-17 14:07:01

The hippy market is supposed to be good. Think it's a Wednesday.

Helipad Sat 25-Feb-17 17:05:39

Hi! We had a two week holiday in Ibiza last August. Old Town is lovely, especially Dalt Vila, the ancient part of the town. Walk all the way up the fortress (it's very steep but perfectly manageable with a 10 year old) and you'll have amazing views over the island. I loved it's cobbled ancient streets, door colours and washing hanging out. There's also lots of lovely restaurants, cafes and shops.

I also liked the old port ares of Ibiza old town, again restaurants, stalls and shops but with a nice vibe.

Hard Rock Cafe on Play d'en Bossa suppose to be really cool, my kids wanted to go there but we ran out of the time in the end.

Hippy Market was absolutely rammed and it was super hot so it wasn't particularly enjoyable experience. And it was full of tat (and I usually love holiday tat!!). All the same stuff is sold on the stalls of Ibiza old town and it's much more enjoyable shopping experience.

Littlepig8834 Sun 26-Feb-17 13:56:35

Another vote for the old town. There is a nice walk from where you're staying to Es Cana, it's along the beach/cliffs but I think it'll be manageable for you and your child.

The hippy market is rammed so I'd give it a miss and it doesn't sell anything you couldn't find elsewhere.

I love Ibiza, such a relaxed atmosphere.

Tantpoke Sun 26-Feb-17 15:03:33

I'm going this August, just me and DD 10 and DS 11, we'll be staying near the hippy market. I'm also not sure where to visit although we're only staying a week. I will check out the old town and Dalt Villa other than than that no idea.

danTDM Fri 28-Apr-17 11:31:50

Just bumping this thread... is there a theme park does anyone know? Going with DD9 and she would love that.

Very pleased about the hard rock café!

Any other tips for Ibiza? We live in Spain, so need really interesting things, different from Spain, to do/see to make it a cheap and easy holiday/exciting. (Can't afford UK) sad

iseenodust Fri 28-Apr-17 11:37:30

The hippy market is a good mooch if you're not going in peak summer. We came across an eating area where there were huge paella being cooked, very cheap, tasty & plenty of seafood in it.

Agree old town worth a trip.

danTDM Fri 28-Apr-17 11:47:02

iseenodust Thank you.

Will definitely do the old town, love seafood paella so a great tip. I will be going in June, so I suppose 'out of season'? Not sure.

Just be fun also to go on the ferry over I suppose. Has anyone done any good boat trips?

Anyone know about rollercoasters? hmm Want to maek it as fun for DD as possible!

salsamummy Fri 28-Apr-17 17:58:52

I have upgraded to all inclusive but will definitely take a trip to the Old Town.

NoDramasPlease Fri 28-Apr-17 18:03:47

You can get a taxi boat from Santa Eulalia to Ibiza town, stops right next to the old town. You'll need £££ if you're planning on shopping though! The beach in santa Eulalia is lovely for kids.

danTDM Fri 28-Apr-17 19:19:50

thanks nodrama

Have fun OP!

salsamummy Fri 28-Apr-17 20:33:30

Really looking forward to it. Haven't been since I was 5. grin

jellyandsoup Sat 29-Apr-17 21:13:02

There are markets in Santa Eulalia selling pretty much everything you will.find in the big hippy market, which is not crowded and lots of stalls selling the same things. Kind you I flippin loved it when I was 10!!! Have been to Ibiza many times, Santa eulalia is lovley, Ibiza town is a must and the beach at the next resort to you Cala Llonga is beautiful and worth a trip, easy on the boat or bus. Have a great holiday

chipsandpeas Sun 30-Apr-17 11:01:32

go on a day trip to formentera

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now