Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Duinrell and Efteling from Scotland

(10 Posts)
MrsLucasHood Mon 13-Feb-17 17:03:47

I have seen a few posts recently about Duinrell & Efteling , both of which I am desperate to visit!

However we are north of Glasgow so flying seems the best option. I know there is a ferry from Hull which I wouldnt completely rule out, however driving for more than an hour or two with the kids is torture shock

We are a famiy of 5 and looking at the travel once there getting to Duinrell seems easy however I think you would need a car to then get to Efteling ? Is anyone able to give any advice who has done this?

Our 3 DC are still all in car seats so hiring a car over there and taking our own seats is putting me off.

beatricequimby Mon 13-Feb-17 18:24:42

Also a ferry from Newcastle. They do cabins for five.

MrsPresley Mon 13-Feb-17 18:27:19

We take the ferry from Newcastle, then only about an hour (can't really remember how long, but it's not long) to Duinrell. We love it there smile

Don't know how long to Eftling, havnt been.

paddypants13 Mon 13-Feb-17 18:30:36

I came on to suggest the ferry from Newcastle too.

Efterling is magical. We are hoping to go next year. smile

MrsLucasHood Mon 13-Feb-17 21:17:50

Great I didnt realise it went from Newcastle I shall look into that smile

christmashope Fri 17-Feb-17 20:14:17

Ferry from Newcastle
Then a 50 min drive to duinrell
Fantastic place

TheFullMrexit Tue 21-Feb-17 19:01:31

yes am sure a ferry goes from newcastle. driving over there is very easy I fully recommend Efteling its wonderful. On balance I have heard that Duinrell is on lines of Butlins but nicer, similar accmd etc.
Efteling is magic, everything is gorgeous even the bins. The accmd is lovely too - villeroy and bosch baths etc. Upmarket.

themightymoog Wed 22-Feb-17 18:51:53

duirnell has the most amazing theme park which you are basically staying in. You get free access to it and there's also Europe's largest indoor water park which costs about £2 per person.
I thought it would be an end of pier type funfair, but it's got amazing rides and the water park is just fab.

dailystuck71 Thu 23-Feb-17 11:46:17

Really? I might look at this then. I suppose weather is much like uk?

MiniCooperLover Thu 23-Feb-17 14:35:23

We've been to Duinrell and a couple of CentreParcs parks in Holland both in May and October and I would say their weather is a lot milder than ours. Slightly warmer but drier.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now