Talk

Advanced search

Anyone know Denmark?

(6 Posts)
originalbiglymavis Wed 08-Feb-17 22:34:27

Planning 2 weeks in the summer for family hols. Any tips? Love museums, countryside, sightseeing, history, Lego...

SpecialFlowSnake Thu 09-Feb-17 00:02:36

How old are your children? Staying on working farms is quite popular. The area called Mols and eastwards to Ebeltoft is pretty, gently rolling hills with safe white sand beaches.

Camping and outdoorsy activities are everywhere. Practically everybody under 60 is fluent in English and embraces smartphones and technology. Family-friendly attitude.

Ødense, where Hans Christian Andersen lived, is charming. And the original Legoland is terrific!

AirBnB will turn up lots of choices for summer houses to rent.

The second city, Aarhus, is the European city of culture 2017. www.aarhus2017.dk/en/programme/children-and-young-people/

www.visitdenmark.com/denmark/activities/family-holidays

salsamummy Tue 14-Feb-17 12:34:23

We stayed in Billund last year just for legoland. It was brilliant. No queues in August as local kids back to school. I would like to see other parts of the country next time.

AveEldon Tue 14-Feb-17 12:51:59

Lalandia next to LEGOLAND is great - similar to Centreparcs

We really liked Aarhus
Loads to do with kids in Copenhagen too

LowDudgeon Tue 14-Feb-17 13:04:02

Like salsamummy we went to Billund in August & it was very calm & peaceful smile

Also the catering was the best we've ever encountered in a theme park - it was 15 years ago though so might have changed.

We liked Copenhagen a lot but found the rest of the country we drove through pretty flat & boring. (Also Danish drivers seemed to be surprisingly aggressive!)

gabsdot Thu 16-Feb-17 21:03:27

My sister lives in Denmark so we've had a few trips there. I love Copenhagen and Lego land is great. I'd also recommend Givsgud zoo in Jutland. It's a brilliant zoo.
There are lovely beaches and sailing if you like that sort of thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now