Talk

Advanced search

Cyprus

(18 Posts)
MoreThanUs Mon 06-Feb-17 12:05:48

Any Cyprus lovers / experts here?
We're thinking of going to Cyprus next year and need information! We've only holidayed in the U.K. since having children, but would like a week of pool / beach / heat next year.
From a bit of basic research I think I've worked out that Easter is the best time for us.
Our requirements are:
Villa with private pool for 6/8
Walking distance to beach
Very warm / hot but not scorching

If anyone was able to give me a steer or recommendation, I'd really appreciate it. Also, if you could give me a ballpark figure of what we'd need to save up for such a holiday, that would be really helpful too.

Thank you.

MoreThanUs Mon 06-Feb-17 12:40:37

A little bump and wondering if anyone can recommend an area of Cyprus. Having a look online but don't know where to start really.

Pibplob Mon 06-Feb-17 13:07:53

We went to Nissi bay which was lovely. However we had an aprtment rather than a villa so can't advise on that. It was very hot in august but I guess it would be more tolerable in April but have a google of temperatures to be sure. We loved Cyprus and would love to go again.

MoreThanUs Mon 06-Feb-17 18:21:49

Thank you Pib.
Anyone else?

romanrainsalot Tue 07-Feb-17 08:43:48

Paphos was lovely. We had a hotel though, not an apartment/villa. Weather did get hot in April, easily 28-30degrees maybe even more a little bit in land, without the sea breeze.

Loved Cyprus, really clean and people were very friendly.

Eminado Mon 13-Mar-17 10:50:55

Hi OP how did you get on? We are looking for a short break (v last min) for April

Hersetta427 Wed 15-Mar-17 14:33:47

Easter net year is right at the end of march so although the weather will be nice and warm (23/24 maybe) I wouldn't say it will be hot - and at that time of the year the pools are absolutely freezing. How about end of May for half term?

Sidge Wed 15-Mar-17 14:40:03

We had a villa near Nissi Beach (Ayia Thekla) in 2015. The villa was beautiful, private pool, near the beach and not far off the main road to get to all areas. Ayia Napa was the nearest town, we only went there for a mooch around and lunch! We certainly weren't there for the nightlife grin

It gets very very hot, April to May is probably the best time to go. I think I'd prefer May half term to late March/early April, but that's just me. I like it HOT!

If you get a villa you'd need a hire car to explore.

Sidge Wed 15-Mar-17 14:41:53

Oh and budget wise - there was 5 of us and we paid approx £4k for villa and flights, (booked each separately) but that was August. Another £1k for hire car, spending etc.

mrsnec Wed 15-Mar-17 14:42:43

The best area for villas within walking distance of a beach is probably Penera but you wont find much open at Easter.

Paphos area would be better but the beaches aren't as nice. Same for Larnaca too but it's very spread out.

You will get better value in the villages on the East coast but you will need a car for sure. Google red soil villages. It will definately be too cold to swim until May or June.

Budget at least 1.5k for a villa by the beach for a week.

PetratouRomiou Thu 16-Mar-17 15:34:42

As you might guess from my username, I am a Cyprus lover. smile

I agree that May would probably be better weatherwise for you. Have a look at Coral Bay area, flying into Paphos. Villa Plus/James Villas/or private rents from Owners Direct.

We have used Villa Plus in the past, they are very good but expensive. I think for 4, just villa, flights and taxi was around £2600 for one week, but then we had to get shopping, meals out, drinks on top of that, etc.

What about a hotel? could work out cheaper with food included, etc. We always stay in hotels now, there is just me and DH going, its easier. We have been going to Cyprus for over 12 years, just booked to go back to Paphos this July, cannot waitgrin

ladydoer Thu 16-Mar-17 16:55:44

Nissi beach was superb, though a bit crowded (beginning of May)
we stayed near Paphos - great for evening walk, lovely seaside promenade, but drove too much to get to Nissi, next time would rather stay closer to it

mrsnec Fri 17-Mar-17 13:12:30

Nissi beach is about 3 hours from Paphos!

Nissi beach is lovely but there are a lot of lovely beaches on that stretch of coast from Ayia Thekla to Fig Tree Bay.

If you look at the villages the price difference would probably cover the cost of car hire. When a friend was looking he said Avgorou, Liopetri and Xylofagou were cheaper than Thekla,Nissi or Penera by a few hundred quid! All 3 of those villages are a 10/15 min drive to Thekla or Nissi.

If you stayed in Thekla you would probably need a car anyway as there isn't much there in the way of supermarkets and restaurants.Also public transport is terrible in that area.

We recently found Agean best for flights. Half the price of BA and about the same as the budgets.

If you decide on Paphos side Latchi is my favourite place there and it has loads of self catering accomodation.

Everyonelovessparkles Thu 23-Mar-17 22:12:20

We're thinking of Cyprus for oct half term. Any one been then? Seen the Aeneas resort by Atlantica near nissi beach online and it looks good - has been or seen it IRL? Thanks in advance and sorry to derail thread.

Sunnydaysrock Thu 23-Mar-17 22:17:25

We went to Paphos last Oct half term. Weather was perfect. We're going back to same place in exactly 9 weeks, eek! It's lovely, go!

Everyonelovessparkles Fri 24-Mar-17 07:39:05

Thanks! Where did you stay?

Sunnydaysrock Fri 24-Mar-17 08:03:50

Avanti Village, its lovely. Self catering apartments, but you can do bed and breakfast. Lovely restaurant by the pool for lunch time and loads of places to eat near by. Lovely staff and very reasonable, especially if you book direct with hotel which we have done this time, flights with Easy Jet...not so reasonable!

Badbadbunny Mon 01-May-17 19:34:45

If you're thinking about Pathos, there's a brilliant complex called "Elysia Park" within walking distance of the beach, shops, restaurants, etc., but in a quieter part of the town. It's a large complex with huge pools, very modern. But, they're privately owned apartments, so you book direct with the owners via the normal holiday lettings websites. There's a choice of 2/3/4 bed apartments. Best thing, though, is it's VERY quiet - many apartments are unsold and even some that have been sold are empty as being used for weekends/holidays only by their owners or some are owned by locals who live there. We've been twice in peak season and some days, we've been the only people in or around the pools. All areas spotlessless clean and well maintained gardens. Can't wait to book to go there again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now