Talk

Advanced search

Fuerteventura

(7 Posts)
user1471461752 Tue 31-Jan-17 13:32:28

Has anyone been? Particularly to the Castillo de Antigua hotel? Is it really windy there? Thanks.

Wandainn Tue 31-Jan-17 14:14:46

Been to Fuertaventura several times. Beautiful place, not been to that hotel though.
Yes it's windy. Very, very windy. They do a lot of kite surfing there. We needed wind breaks on the beach even in July.

Pibplob Tue 31-Jan-17 14:28:52

Oh really? Was it sand in your eyes windy? Too cold to go in the sea? Or I guess coming out of the sea was the worst. I'm hoping it won't be too bad as don't want the kids to get too cold. Was it as bad by the pool? Where about a in fuerteventura were you? Thanks for replying.

Wandainn Tue 31-Jan-17 15:49:54

The sea is the Atlantic so always colder than the Med if you are used to that. Lovely big waves, great for body boarding.
We've been a couple of times to the Corralejo area, stayed here once.

When we went at Easter it was too cold for beach and you need a proper heated pool.

We have also been in July when the temp was around 25C. DC were about 9/11 and went in the sea but not me <wuss>. The wind was sand blasting on some days but not every day. The pools were sheltered.

I'm not selling it here but actually I loved it and that beach was one of the loveliest I've ever seen. I've also been to other resorts but 20+ years ago and I can't remember much!

2014newme Tue 31-Jan-17 15:52:38

Not a vast amount to see but for a quick sun break it's fine

BarbaraofSeville Wed 01-Feb-17 10:08:59

Fuerteventura is Spanish for fierce winds, which should give you a clue. Also that the island is very popular amongst wind and kite surfers.

If it's just beach and sun that you want, Lanzarote, Gran Canaria or Tenerife might be better choices. There are still lots of non beach/pool things to do and if you choose your resort carefully, there are plenty of places that are more authentic and not 'Brits on the Piss and English Breakfasts'.

bingohandjob Tue 21-Feb-17 15:23:49

Went in October - no wind, beautiful weather, warm sea.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now