Talk

Advanced search

First holiday abroad with DD

(3 Posts)
Woopdedoo22 Tue 31-Jan-17 11:13:24

We want to book our first holiday abroad since having DD.
Ideally in or near Spain, we have been looking at Menorca/Majorca or other similar distance flights.
We can't seem to find the ideal holiday that has everything we are looking for (I don't think we are being overly picky)
Good kids pool for 4 year olds (slides/water feature type shallow area)
Evening entertainment
Near the beach.
Everything we have found is either right on the beach but no kids pool or great kids pool and a 1km bus journey to the beach!!
There must be loads of these type holidays with 3 basic things for families in this area? Am I just looking in the wrong place?
Any recommendations?

Makemineacabsauv Tue 31-Jan-17 21:43:29

We stayed at the Playa Mat in Puerto pollensa - beach isn't huge and is a 5 min walk. Hotel was great but all British which wasn't what we wanted. Kids pools, play areas etc, kids entertainment in the evening before family stuff and a big kids club. Also indoor spa and pool. As I say it wasn't my cup of tea as like wee Greek places run by Greeks for all nationalities but loads of families with young dc rate it.

Pibplob Sat 04-Feb-17 15:02:53

Try menorca arenell den castell. Hotel aguamarina is lovely. Two big pools and a kids splash pool with slides etc. Beach is just out of the hotel grounds and down some steps. Takes about 3 mins to get there. I think they only do all inclusive though. Our 3 and 6 year old loved it. Beautiful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now