Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Holiday suggestions with small children.

(19 Posts)
Irritatedmama Mon 30-Jan-17 14:41:23

We are looking for a holiday in May/June - somewhere not too far and most importantly somewhere with lots for small children to do!

We have done the AI hotel thing in the past and found it hit and miss. We went to Crete last year and there was not much for the little ones to do and the hotel was a bit rough n ready (sorry to sound snobby!).

We have been to Pollenca in Majorca and it's lovely but not much to do. Ideally, we would like somewhere that's nice for adults but wioth tons of things to keep small childen amused.

Has anybody got any good suggestions?

girlywhirly Mon 30-Jan-17 14:54:04

What would you like for the children to do? Most small DC are happy with a pool, a beach and a playground with a swing and slide.

Thomasthetank456 Mon 30-Jan-17 14:59:20

We've been to the viva hotels in Majorca. They are very good for small kids. Have kids pools with pirate ship and slides and a play ground. There is a mini disco with a character bufo which our little one loves

He's happy with pools and beach as pp said.
The adult shows good too. They all plastic plates etc so ideal

Justmuddlingalong Mon 30-Jan-17 15:07:24

Have you looked at Lake Bled in Slovenia? We went last year, without kids, but the lido at the side of the lake was fantastic. Very child friendly. Not the usual beach holiday, but great nonetheless.

Irritatedmama Mon 30-Jan-17 15:09:02

I'd like for there to be play areas or playgrounds in the vicinity of the hotel.
The Thomson holiday we went on last year had a kids pool but it wasn't great and that was all they had. So we had to walk half an hour to the local town to the park.

girlywhirly Tue 31-Jan-17 12:13:55

I've been to Pefkos, Rhodes, and find the resort very good for small DC. The beach is lovely and gently shelving, warm water. Quite a few of the bars on the main street have Little Tikes play houses and toys, so that you can actually enjoy a drink after dinner while the DC play. There are two playgrounds that I know of, one is in the Island Blue/Pefki Islands/ Lindia Thalassa complex of hotels; probably swing and slide type but not looked closely. It is very popular with young families.

Makemineacabsauv Tue 31-Jan-17 21:40:24

Look at the Anastasia in Stallis, Crete. Half board but good facilities.

AuntieStella Tue 31-Jan-17 21:49:41

Jersey?

The Merton Hotel has a waterpark, if that's your kind of thing. But the island is tiny, so wherever you stay, everything is really close. Castles, Gerald Durrell's zoo, lovely beaches, steam museum, little train from St Helier to St Aubin

RoccoW14 Tue 31-Jan-17 22:05:03

Martinhal in Sagres is great. I've been twice and am booked to go again in June/July.

Irritatedmama Wed 01-Feb-17 20:18:49

Wow Martinhal looks amazing!

popflos Fri 03-Feb-17 07:18:26

mumsnet top choice for little ones, its between alicante and valencia, easy flight and everything you need for babies, wine at childrens tea time is free!

www.mumsnet.com/reviews/travel/hotels-in-europe/10268-caserio-del-mirador

Gobolinocat Sat 04-Feb-17 10:51:55

I know I sound Efteling Mad but Efteling smile you couldnt find more to do with small DC, and above all its easy and well priced.
I have found traveling with small dc hard - but Efteling is easy in every way, its relaxed, chilled, lovely for the parents too - accmd is wonderful and dc have tons to do. Probably not what you were thinking of but def worth consideration.

alwaysonthepiste Sat 04-Feb-17 13:47:33

If you are looking shorthaul to France for self-catering, we stayed here www.leshiboux.com a couple of years back. Nice cottage, shared pool, other families with kids. Lovely trips out to zoo, Atlantic coast not too far, but plenty to keep dcs amused on site.

juneau Sat 04-Feb-17 13:56:33

Probably the best holiday we did with DC was to northern Brittany. We stayed at Emerald Coast Gites and it was fab. Loads of play equipment, child-safe pools, indoor play area with ball pit and slide, and plenty of days out nearby - beach, zoo, etc. I wrote a review in the MN travel reviews section and I'd highly recommend it to anyone with small DC. We also went to La Grange du Moulin in Charente Maritime. It's a longer trip (unless you fly), so from that point of view it's not as good. However, our kids had a superb time.

juneau Sat 04-Feb-17 13:57:07

I mean with SMALL DC (under fives).

Misty9 Wed 08-Feb-17 14:44:41

Have you checked out duinrell in holland? We're going in the summer with dc 5 and 3 and there's loads to keep them occupied onsite or at the theme park next door smile

TryingtobePrepared Mon 13-Feb-17 22:55:58

Emerald coast gites are fabulous went with dp, dd1 age 4 and dd2 age 1, my favourite thing was being able to go to the little bar or sit out in the grassed area in the middle to eat, with delicious food, felt like going out but children only 50yrds away and baby monitor worked. Very relaxing.

Also we went to Les ormes in Jersey, indoor play area, out door play area and pool very easy and as someone else has said very easy to get everywhere. Also you can mostly get the same things as you can at home so no worrying about what to get etc.

Martinhal good but there's not a lot to do or places to get to without a car. Also when we were there the shop on the complex was really limited. It was 4 hrs ago though and at the very start of the season

Whattodowithaminute Thu 16-Feb-17 18:57:35

Martinhal good, pools can be quite cold with breeze and car required
Pagel excellent car required
Dubai good for little ones
U.K. Options gladwins farm excellent, soar mill cove really lovely too
Lanzarote princess yaiza suite resorts gets great reviews

Hersetta427 Fri 17-Feb-17 10:41:44

Two in Majorca - the protur Bonaire aparthotel or the Protur Safari park. Both have excellent all inclusive offerings if you so choose - including cava by the bottle !!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now