Talk

Advanced search

Holiday with a 15 month old. Where to go?

(5 Posts)
MiraclesDoHappen82 Mon 30-Jan-17 10:07:28

This will be our first holiday with our first child. We are looking to go in September. Basically we have no idea where to start to look. We are thinking a child friendly resort so there is things for our dd to do. I really liked the look of the Martinhal beach resort Algarve but the reviews of it being very windy are putting me off. Does anyone know of places similar to this without the windyness? Any advice will be great fully appreciated.

dinkystinky Mon 30-Jan-17 10:14:15

I think there's a new Martinhal resort in Caiscais, just south of Lisbon.

Sani resort in Greece gets good write ups too.

Frazzled2207 Mon 30-Jan-17 10:20:10

We went to Algarve with my ds in September when he was 14m.

Look at Monte Santo resort in Carvoeiro. Lovely for small kids- when we were there it was mostly Brits and Irish with pre-school kids though not massively busy.

Frazzled2207 Mon 30-Jan-17 10:21:47

Oh and the resort was quite sheltered, don't remember the wind being an issue.

Btw we booked via easyjet holidays and got quite a good deal.

misscph1973 Mon 30-Jan-17 10:23:34

I think any coast will have a tendency to be windy at times ;)

I would go for Algarve, I went as a child and last year I went with my DC. It's a very easy place to be for families, and the Portugese are incredibly nice.

Search for Carvoeiro here on MN, there is a mumsnetter who lives there. That's where I went, and it's ideal for families. Really lovely small place.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now