Talk

Advanced search

Disneyland Paris hotel recommendations

(42 Posts)
MsVanRein Sun 29-Jan-17 14:01:18

Anyone been to any of the Disneyland Paris hotels who can advise which one is best? I want to stay in the Disneyland Hotel and believe it's the closest but also the most expensive so just weighing up the options.

Any advice appreciated especially from anyone who has stayed in more than one and can give a comparison.

Thanks smile

TrionicLettuce Sun 29-Jan-17 14:07:46

Hotel New York is a very short walk from the park entrance and is considerably cheaper than than the Disneyland Hotel.

Newport Bay is also nice (and has recently been completely refurbished) and although the walk is a bit longer it's a pleasant one along the lake.

Guitargirl Sun 29-Jan-17 14:08:14

I have stayed at the Disneyland hotel once and Sequoia lodge twice. My DCs prefer Sequoia lodge. The price difference IMO for the Disneyland hotel is not worth it. You are really paying for the location. It may be worth it if you have very young DCs who would need to sleep during the day or if anyone in your party has mobility problems. When we went at Christmas staying in a suite at Sequoia lodge (which gives you VIP fast passes) cost the same as a standard room at the DLH.

Toffeelatteplease Sun 29-Jan-17 14:15:09

I haven't stayed in the Disneyland hotel but have heard fabulous things about it.

I'm not keen on the Newport Bay. I find the decor too cold (we go in winter) and wheelchair/pushchair access to the restaurant/exit to park diabolical.

Our favourite is the Sequoia. I love the walk round the lake on a frosty morning and the decor is subdued. Hunters grill is great for dinner. But for us the disabled room is perfect and really the reason why we go back there specifically. Probably not a consideration for you, without that I would totally be trying the Disneyland Hotel.

Also with the new security arrangements, if you can afford it the Disney Hotel is the massive advantage of not dealing with security whenever you need to go back to the room

HeCantBeSerious Sun 29-Jan-17 14:17:47

We've done Santa Fe 3 times. Always walk to the parks and spend so little time in the room/hotel that it's really not worth paying for a more expensive hotel.

WooWooSister Sun 29-Jan-17 14:21:15

We stayed in the New York - very short walk to the parks; and close enough to watch the fireworks from your window if you're on the correct side of the hotel.

Floralnomad Sun 29-Jan-17 14:25:04

We've been going to DLP since it opened and have stayed at Davy Crockett , Sequoia , Newport Bay , the New York and the Disneyland hotel . Personally I don't like Newport Bay , when we went we were using the Admirals cabin so no queues for breakfast but I still wasn't keen . The New York is lovely and only a 5/7 minute walk through the village to either park . Disneyland hotel , which is where we choose to stay now , is lovely , the proximity to the main park makes it worth the extra money for us as my DD has CFS and limited mobility but I wouldn't probably pay the premium if she were not with me I would probably go to the New York . If you are going to drive and are going during the summer the Ranch is a reasonable option especially for small children as it has the best pool and plenty of space to run about

TheTantrumCometh Sun 29-Jan-17 14:34:18

I've stayed in them all bar Davy Crockett and Newport Bay.

I'm not going to lie, my favourite is absolutely the Disneyland Hotel. However, it's not worth the dramatic price hike between that and Hotel New York.

What is it that's really swaying you towards the Disneyland Hotel? Is it mainly location? If so, yes it is very convenient for the parks, no doubt about it. But then it's further from the village which you'll probably be visiting most evenings, especially if you're going outside of summer time when the park closes earlier. The walk from Hotel New York to the park really isn't bad at all, just a few more minutes. I really enjoyed our stay there.

Plus, our room was quite close to the lifts near the restaurant and the exit, unlike at the Disneyland Hotel where, although we were near an exit, we had to walk for quite a bit to get to the restaurants and an absolute age to get to reception!

imjessie Sun 29-Jan-17 15:47:47

Flora , can you stay in the Davy Crockett if you go by Eurostar ? I've not seen options for this but we hate all being in tiny rooms and this looks nice but we don't want to drive .

GooodMythicalMorning Sun 29-Jan-17 15:50:52

Hotel New York. Really disliked Santa fe but that wasn't helped by the fact the rooms looked like they had been trashed before we even arrived.

SunnyNights Sun 29-Jan-17 15:55:22

We really liked the Newport, if you go as Compass Club members then there are some handy perks, fast track passes, separate check in desk and less queuing at breakfast.

The Disney Hotel looked amazing but a trek to the Village which is where all the restaurants, shops etc are based.

andadietcoke Sun 29-Jan-17 16:02:37

We've stayed at the Disneyland Hotel twice in the last 6 months. After last time we said we'd stay at Newport Bay next time (but have ended up booking DLH again because we need a family room and NPB family rooms weren't included in the offer). DLH is great for location. Breakfast is calm, and it does feel like a bit of a treat. If you have a meal plan included then it's premium too which means no top ups for character dining etc so worth costing this in too.

Floralnomad Sun 29-Jan-17 16:17:40

imjessie , no you need a car as it's the next junction on the motorway from the park . The drive is really easy , takes about 2.5/3 hours on the French side .

imjessie Sun 29-Jan-17 17:51:54

Flora , which crossing do you do ? Also do you have to drive from the resort to the park everyday or is there a bus ? It looks a bit centre parcy ? Is it ? Looks like more to do in the resort itself ?

HeCantBeSerious Sun 29-Jan-17 17:57:41

There's no bus to DCR and no taxis go there. You have to drive everyday (but the parking is free).

Floralnomad Sun 29-Jan-17 17:59:49

We go through the tunnel and yes you have to drive from the ranch to the park but AFAIK the parking is free for ranch guests . We've not stayed at the ranch for quite a few years but it was always the best pool , there's a shop and you could hire bikes etc and there used to be a small amount of animals and some play areas , I assume that is all still there .

2014newme Sun 29-Jan-17 18:03:37

We like the disneyland hotel as it is literally right at the park entrance, so convenient. You can pop back for a cuppa. We also like to go in the park early and then pop back for breakfast. The breakfast is very good
Breakfast at Newport Bay ws an undignified scrum and of poor standard. In my opinion the inventions restaurant at Disneyland hotel is one if the better ones at dlp.

2014newme Sun 29-Jan-17 18:05:19

Just to add disneyland hotel is a 5 min walk to Disney village so not a "trek" at all 😂😂
Newport Bay is further than that!

TurkeyDinosaurs Sun 29-Jan-17 18:13:41

What are the new security measures? We want to come but we're worried that for the last few years there have been almost breaches or plans to attack the site.

Floralnomad Sun 29-Jan-17 18:19:54

Security is pretty tight , bag searches and x ray machines .

2014newme Sun 29-Jan-17 18:20:31

Nobody can reassure you that a terrorist doesn't have ambitions to attack that or any other site. Obviously France has suffered such attacks badly recently

MsVanRein Sun 29-Jan-17 19:25:34

Oh so much info thanks everyone - will have a proper read once I get DS to bed!

CotswoldStrife Sun 29-Jan-17 19:32:18

The animals have gone from DCR, unfortunately as it was fun to have a pony ride!

You do need a car for DCR (Davy Crockett Ranch) but it is the biggest accommodation by far and has a fab pool. We were body scanned (with a hand-held wand) there one day last year and my bag was searched (at DCR).

Emmaistired Sun 29-Jan-17 19:57:50

Have you thought of a nearby non-disney hotel. hipark serris is nice and v reasonable.

we did a fab break by eurostar via last minute b4 Xmas. offer still on

www.lastminute.com/holidays/disneyland-paris.html?int_type=CMS_DP&int_campaign=CNT&int_detail=PL_4_disneylandsale_CBHP

HeCantBeSerious Sun 29-Jan-17 20:12:00

You don't get EMH if you stay offsite though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now